Dining Room Reservations

BillnBobbi

We are on the Conquest on 8/1, and are traveling with another party.

How hard is it to get a table for four only?

We also would prefer the later seating.

Any recommendations or preferences on the main dining rooms are also welcome.

Oh yes, are there any restrictions on how many times you may reserve a table at The Point?

Thanks for your replies.

BnB

Hi,

Your crusie documents and/or receipt from your travel agent should show whether you have a late or early seating for dinner. You should contact whomever you booked with or call Carnival direct to assure you have the seating arrangement you prefer. Carnival will ask for your booking number. Once you check in, your sail and sign card will show your seating time and table number and the dining room you'll be seated in. Go immediately after you board and get settled to check out your table. If it's not what you want, see the Maitre'd to ask for a change in your seating.

I'm not sure if there's a restriction on eating at the point, but I doubt there is. When I ate there, it was desserted, so I don't think that a lot of passengers even know about it. Additionally, Carnival gets $25 per person for you eating there, so they want the money!

If you and the other party booked through the same person/site have them cross reference your booking numbers ahead of time for dinner seating. Otherwise, there's no guarantee that you'll get the same table or even the same seating. Even then they can still mess it up. Then you have to go see the Maitre' D and hope that he can accomodate your request. Good luck! :)

How do you check to see your dining time and table? I looked at my cruise documents but didn't see it.
You didn't see it because it's not there.

You will not find out your dining seating info until you receive your S&S cards at check-in.

Hi,

Your crusie documents and/or receipt from your travel agent should show whether you have a late or early seating for dinner. You should contact whomever you booked with or call Carnival direct to assure you have the seating arrangement you prefer. Carnival will ask for your booking number.QUOTE]

Sorry, but that is incorrect. Your request for specific seating is only that - a request.

Also, there is nowhere on the docs or any receipt that will give you your seating assignment. You will not know until you see it on your Sign & Sail card when you board the ship.:)

I think the original poster should call his travel agent to find if the booking numbers for all parties are connected. If this is not done then you will not be dining together. If you get onboard and find that you are not together-head to the martre de and ask for a switch. (depending on how full the ship is)

Archived