Carnival Owns Rccl Fact Or Fiction

I would join you!!!!!!

What a great reason for a group cruise! I can see the title now, "_______ of the seas 2007, Chow Down!"

I also had another idea for a name but I don't think it would be allowed! LOL!

HHHH...........dog.............female dog..............can't write it on the board.........can't IMAGINE what you were thinking of, Nancy! ;)

Actually, MISS potty mind, I was thinking of something with style. "Doin it _______ Style."

You're bad! Well I'm bad, but you're badder! :p

'

Carnival had a hard time getting approval for Princess. I don't see the FTC allowing them to have 100% monopoly of the cruise industry. Ain't gonna happen.

Also the EU -European Union had the final word and approval - I also doubt that The FTC and EU would ever approve such a merger!

I believe folks are overlooking something.

Carnival Corporation owns the following INDEPENDANT/SEPERATE divisions:

Carnival Cruise Line

Costa

Holland America

Princess

P&O

Cunard

Dave

And don't forget Carnival Corps little luxury line, Seabourn.

This rumor has been coming up every so often for a long time.

Many years ago (12 or more) Carnival tried to buy Royal Caribbean. At that time Royal caribbean owned Admiral cruise line but NOT celebrity.

One of the major owners wanted to sell out and Carnival tried to jump in and purchase his shared. It was very close to a done deal until the Hyatt (hotel) family, Mr. Pritzker offered to buy it from him. Rather then sell it to Carnival he took Hyatts offer and saved Royal Caribbean from Carnival.

Ever since that time this rumore keep showing its ugly head

This rumor has been coming up every so often for a long time.

Many years ago (12 or more) Carnival tried to buy Royal Caribbean. At that time Royal caribbean owned Admiral cruise line but NOT celebrity.

One of the major owners wanted to sell out and Carnival tried to jump in and purchase his shared. It was very close to a done deal until the Hyatt (hotel) family, Mr. Pritzker offered to buy it from him. Rather then sell it to Carnival he took Hyatts offer and saved Royal Caribbean from Carnival.

Ever since that time this rumore keep showing its ugly head

So I guess that's why we have Jay Pritzker library on Voyager! :)

Okay I understand branding and brand loyalty, but the differences are minimal. As a person that has sailed on Carnival, RC, and Celebrity I see differences mostly in the people on board. The shows, food, and service received are of very very little difference.

If you want to call Carnival the criuseline for the common folk, I can see that. If you want to call RC the cruiseline for middle to upper middle class familes, I can see that. If you want to call Celebrity the cruiseline for upper middle class (with more of an emphasis on couples than families), I can see that. The products are almost the same, but the people on board are not. The prices are also different. Why people think that RC is holier-than-thou I do not understand.

My wife and I are taking our next two cruises on RC (mostly due to iteneraries and dates), but do not take such a strong stand as most people on this board. Going on a Carnival cruise is not the end of the world. Cruising is fun!! Go out there and enjoy yourself on whatever cruiseline your select for whatever reason.

Just a note: Carnival Corp. also owns Windstar and the Yachts of Seabourn, along with Carnival, Princess, Holland America, Cunard, Costa and P&O cruise lines.

They are owned by the same parent company, but independent companies. By the same token, KFC, Pizza Hut, Taco Bell and Long John Silvers are all owned by the same parent company but are independent companies.

Carnival Corp. owning means nothing - Princess' "watering down" has been mostly due to their larger ships and attempt to become a more "mass market" line, ie RCCL.

If you want to call Carnival the criuseline for the common folk, I can see that. If you want to call RC the cruiseline for middle to upper middle class familes, I can see that. If you want to call Celebrity the cruiseline for upper middle class (with more of an emphasis on couples than families), I can see that. The products are almost the same, but the people on board are not. The prices are also different. Why people think that RC is holier-than-thou I do not understand.

My wife and I are taking our next two cruises on RC (mostly due to iteneraries and dates), but do not take such a strong stand as most people on this board. Going on a Carnival cruise is not the end of the world. Cruising is fun!! Go out there and enjoy yourself on whatever cruiseline your select for whatever reason.

THANK YOU! I really want to try RCI but wonder sometimes if all RCI cruisers are like this. I have this image of no one talking to me if I say I actually like Carnival.

Aggieastrofan,

I have yet to see that RCI can live up to it's "superior" status given by the people on this board. My list of comparisons found CCL rating higher, but I'm giving them another try.

The people are the same, the product is the same, the ships are nicer on RCI, the food better on CCL, but it's a holiday, and any cruise is better than being in the office.

I'm also trying Princess, and so far I've noticed a real difference in the people who post on the Princess CC Board. They do have their cheerleaders too, but they're a little less in your face about it.

Aggieastrofan,

I have yet to see that RCI can live up to it's "superior" status given by the people on this board. My list of comparisons found CCL rating higher, but I'm giving them another try.

The people are the same, the product is the same, the ships are nicer on RCI, the food better on CCL, but it's a holiday, and any cruise is better than being in the office.

I'm also trying Princess, and so far I've noticed a real difference in the people who post on the Princess CC Board. They do have their cheerleaders too, but they're a little less in your face about it.

:confused: Gee. I wonder how "in your face" the posts would be like on the Carnival board if it read:

"Royal Caribbean owns Carnival, fact or fiction?"

People would be taking shots like this and I'm pretty sure something about "smuggling" your own food would be in there somewhere.

Aggieastrofan,

Give me a break. Go to the Carnival board and see how many cheerleaders over there jump on anyone that does not agree with their opinions or give a negative review. Personally if someone doesn't want to cruise with a line for what they read on a message board or what they perceive the passengers are going to be like from the way that someone posts then they didn't have much interest in trying anyway!:rolleyes: If that were the case then I would never step foot on a Carnival ship again.

You have the opinion that RCI does not rate higher than Carnival yet I do. Does not make anyone of us right or wrong. This is the RCI board so you are going to find the opinions here differing and swaying more in the favor of RCI from that of another cruise board. Does not take a rocket scientist to figure that out.

I have two points to make about this:

1. Why would Carnival need Royal Caribbean? On the surface they are the same concepts. Even though everyone on these boards would argue that Carnival is inferior to Royal Caribbean, I think we can all agree that these 2 are "budget" lines. All of Carnival's other divisions have different concepts; if they were to take over RCCL, wouldn't they just have a dupkicate concept?

2. Carnival seems to do a good job with there other divisions. Why would they be be unable to keep RCCL up, too?

I have two points to make about this:

1. Why would Carnival need Royal Caribbean? On the surface they are the same concepts. Even though everyone on these boards would argue that Carnival is inferior to Royal Caribbean, I think we can all agree that these 2 are "budget" lines. All of Carnival's other divisions have different concepts; if they were to take over RCCL, wouldn't they just have a dupkicate concept?

2. Carnival seems to do a good job with there other divisions. Why would they be be unable to keep RCCL up, too?

Both are mass market lines that fall into the same category along with NCL and Princess. RCI is not a budget line. Also Carnival wanted RCI really bad at one time but was unsuccessful in getting their hands on them.

Why would Carnival need Royal Caribbean?
To eliminate the competition. This is why Carnival stepped in when RCI was going to buy Princess. They want to try and eliminate the competition. If Carnival had RCI who else would they have to compete with NCL? PPHHHHHH if you call that a competition. Luckily Carnival with never, ever get their hands on RCI.

Thats not a bad option Eric..But I don't think I saw an NCL ship in your tag..Seriously.I know some of their newer ships are nice.But they are not a Royal Product..

Ok,I guess that is the point...Princess is way different than Carnival so I see what you mean.

I am just saying,that most people that enjoy Royal,for all the other reasons besides Dinining choices,I don't think would really care for NCL...

Archived