Tendering from the Miracle

kristapb

We just returned from a cruise to the Western Caribbean on the Miracle. We had a great time, and most everything about the ship was excellent, but every time we had to tender to port, you would think it was the first time the crew had ever dealt with such a thing! Confused, disorganized, and took forever to get into port. is this the same on all Carnival ships? (this was my first Carnival cruise; cruised on RC and tendering was not a problem). Or is it just the miracle? Or just our trip, for some reason?

The trick to tendering on the Miracle is to go down early while the Carnival excursions are boarding the tenders. We did this and told them we had early, private shore excursions (the truth) and they said no problem and let us board with the people from the Carnival tours. We didn't have a tour booked in Cozumel so I went down 1/2 hour early to where they said they'd be handing out tender tickets. They actually started handing the tickets out 15 minutes early and we got tender #1.

Is your question about the tender crew or the Miracle crew. Two very distinct and different groups of people. The people who run the tenders are locals hired for the event, such as it were.

On the Miracle, at least in Belize it is necessary for the ship to anchor quite some way away from the port, so you will have a 20 minute or so ride. That can't be avoided. The only delays we had with the other ports was when returning to the ship the tenders had to wait in line to offload on the ship. There never was a lack of tenders.

Mark T

I was on the Miracle the wek of 4/9. Grand Cayman was as usual, Coz was tough for us primarily due to having to turn around because of a medical emergency, getting into port after noon, and the ship rescheduling and getting all those with ship tours off first, the rest of us had a long wait. Belize was no problem at all, and Costa Maya was just a long walk;). The only real problem I encountered was the use of only one machine for checking S&S cards on the return, it seeemed to take forever

Archived