Baby Beach & Palm Beach

MrsFitz

Hi, We will be in Aruba in just over a week and was wondering if there are changing facilities at Baby Beach and/or Palm Beach? I have seen differing info for Baby Beach and I feel sure Palm Beach would, but wanted to try to verify it one way or the other!

Thanks!

Susan

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Unless things have changed radically in the last 18 months, there are no changing facilities at Baby Beach -- in fact there is little there except a relatively sheltered shallow lagoon. This beach is at the far side of the island (shaped like a banana) in what was at one time the "camp" of Seroe Colorado -- the homes for the American expats working for the refinery. Baby Beach is so-named because we all learned to swim in its shallow and calm waters. The artificial reef that once sheltered it completely has broken away a bit, and seaweed and kelp now make their way into what was once completely clear. But it is still lovely.

At the other end of the island, near the ship terminal and airport, Palm Beach is a gorgeous several mile long expanse of beach fronting all the major hotels on the island. You can walk the length of it, and I suspect that most if not all of the hotels would make some arrangement to allow for a changing room scenario. That is where to go given one day on Aruba.

Archived