Back from the Enchantment

Got back last night and am in the midst of writing a lengthy review/report (maybe too lengthy). In short: great cruise, great ship, great time.

A few suprises:

liked Jamaica much more than Grand Cayman

happily suprised by the size of the balcony room

chops...best meal I have had in a long time

formal night in the dining room: over 1200 in the second seating. I counted 3 tuxes ( I probably missed a few). probably 40-50% had suits. The rest had a shirt and tie. those new to cruising...don't worry about it.

Bought liquor in Jamaica...walked right on board with it. Even went through the x-ray machine. Enjoyed it the rest of the cruise.

Went to Senor Frogs in Georgetown. We had two orders of nachos and two drinks for a grand total of 63.00. YIKES!

Reveiw is coming.

Jay

No. We made reservations almost as soon as we were on the ship but we rarely saw more than half the restaurant filled. Lots of families on board this sailing though and that probably had something to do with it. I would make the reservation early as it is better to be safe than sorry.

Jay

Glad to hear it didn't rain your whole cruise. I remember your concern about it a few weeks back on the board.I answered that question for you and hope you can return the favor.

We leave this Friday (YAHOO!!!!!) for the same ship, itinerary.

When you got the reservation for CHops, did you go there directly or call it in?

Also, if you used the spa, how did those reservations work? I want to get my wife a massage.

Thanks

Not sure if you can call in for chops or not. The firs thing we did when we went on board (after getting a drink:) ) was to go to Chops and then the spa. Both were easy with almost no lines. Just be aware that the spa prices are high. We were looking at a couples massage but at 220.00 my wife setteled for a facial (100.00).

Jay

Went to Senor Frogs in Georgetown. We had two orders of nachos and two drinks for a grand total of 63.00. YIKES!

Reveiw is coming.

Jay

YIKES is right. Note to self DO NOT EAT AND DRINK IN GRAND CAYMAN :).

Marie

One thing you have to remember about Grand Cayman that several people were upset about is that the prices on menus and jewelry, etc...are not the prices you will be charged. .80 in american money equals 1.00 cayman dollar so you have to basically add 20% to every purchase.

Almost 6 years ago, my husband and I had two beers and fish and chips for over $50 US !!!!! YIKES. At least the meal was good. I can imagine the prices in GC now!!

We stayed in Cayman for a week once and after the first few days I really started to feel ripped off...I kept thinking "when in Rome"...and...don't be the ugly American...but I couldn't find lunch for the 4 of us under $75...lunch! You can imagine the dinners....pretty place..but...

I can't wait to read your review. I am sailing on Enchantment this Saturday! WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am too excited to sleep!

Chops, is it difficult to get a table for two? I am going to see the Maitre D' when we board and request the table for two. No offense to my other cruise passengers, but I prefer private dining. I had too many bad experiences with table mates and really don't want to be bothered. I usually just eat at the Windjammer. This will be my first cruise with a Chops and I am excited about it!

How was the cruise director staff?

Archived