Mexican Riviera - Cabo, Mazatlan & PV Review - Long!

suziehmkr

are riders allowed to trot or cantor if they have experience riding on randi's happy horses excursion? 9 of us are now going next week, and a couple of us have a little experience riding. the rest have never been on a horse before. should be fun!!!

bpolan

Hello bpolan,

You can pick up the speed a bit in certain areas, but never to a full out run. Of course, with the competition between these horses, you find them picking up speed on their own! LOL But never more then you can handle. When you are being matched up to your horses, they will ask you about your experience. Everyone on our trip had a great time.

after reading all the posts about randi's happy horses i cannot wait for that part of our cruise. we leave saturday, board on sunday. i'll post a review when we get home. thanks to all!

bpolan

Tinydancer

Are the campgrounds closed by Sept or are you just taking off?

Check out the pictures of Randi's ride on her website. Kids are welcome. Taxis and water taxis out to Stone Island are handled by Randi.

Yea, actually we close in the middle of August because the weather starts getting pretty cold then, it probebly won't snow till the end of October though. :)

Thanks for all the great tips! Can you tell me if the Canopy tour you went on was booked thru the RC excursions or do I need to book it online at the address you gave?

I noticed the price online was $70 but may not include the shuttle right? The Canopy tour thru RC was listed at $84 and may be a different company??

Thanks!

Hello!

This is not the same company as the one thru RCCL. Our tablemates took that one and liked it also. I had read so many good reviews for the one thru Los Veranos and the price was so much better. It is $70 pp and you get a discount if you book online, bringing the price to $63 pp. It does include the shuttle from the office to the canopy location. If you have friends/family that just want to go up there and don't want to actually do the zip lines, they can pay $12 for the ride up & back. You take a taxi to their office at the south end of town - we got one for $10. When it is time to leave, you board air conditioned vans and are shuttled to the actual canopy location which is about 30-40 minutes away, down past Mismaloya. They run shuttles back all afternoon, so you can stay and eat after your trip if you want. Once you are shuttled back to the office, you are in walking distance from the main streets of shopping & dining. We then took a taxi back to the ship.

Hope this helps.

GREAT REVIEW! I'm going on the Pride in September and I just love reading reviews from people who just got back! Thanks for taking the time to post!

WE ARE GOING ON PRIDE SEPTEMBER 26 WHEN ARE YOU GOING?

CRUISING COUPLE

I thought the excursion choices were kind of trashy and rediculously priced. None of the beaches were particularly beautiful, certianly nothing like some of the Carribean areas. Lovers beach at Cabo is pretty good but the other one stinks, literally. Its crowded and has a kind of cony island feel, not something I am looking for having spent this kind of dough. All in all the whole curise seemed to me to be kind of hillbillyish and stupid.:o

All in all the whole curise seemed to me to be kind of hillbillyish and stupid.:o

I don't know if I'm just overly sensitive about the cruise I'm going on but I'd expect reviews to be factual and not about name calling. :(

I don't know if I'm just overly sensitive about the cruise I'm going on but I'd expect reviews to be factual and not about name calling. :(

Just my description of the nature of the cruise. Most of these posts contain opinions as well as straight facts. If we can't be honest on these posts than what's the point?

Hi -

We are traveling on the Legend to Mexico 7/25. Would you be able to help me understand the non-alcoholic beverage arrangements? I posted on another catagory, but no answers.

What is available to drink at no charge? What is charged for and where do you get it? Are the drink cards a good deal - read that you purchase for all days even the shore days.

Thanks for any input!

margrit,

What cruise line are you going on? On Royal Caribbean, (just returned - click on review: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=52817 ), very little was included except for lemonade, iced tea, cranberry juice, etc. at a fountain machine near pool. The drink card took care of any issue. I think it was $25 or so per card for the kids. That made everything a lot easier and we didn't have to confirm what was included and what wasn't.

Cruiselover, what cruise did you go on to have the "hillbilly" experience? We did not find our's that way at all. The ports were certainly not hill billyish. You are right though. Everyone deserves their opinion. I am just surprised!!

Cruiselover, what cruise did you go on to have the "hillbilly" experience? We did not find our's that way at all. The ports were certainly not hill billyish. You are right though. Everyone deserves their opinion. I am just surprised!!

For repecting our rights! I was on the Carnival Pride Mexican Riveria Cruise departing July 4th 2004. I agree the ports were OK but the pricing for some excursions were through the roof. Folks should research and get their own excursions, they can easily save up to 75%. The beach at Cabo is really a mess (lovers is fine and perfectly good for kids, I don't know where people get the idea that its only for adults). The beach at PV is quite nice and they take care of you there. But the ship itself, in my humble opinion, well nicely appointed and clean and fairly well serviced had nothing really interesting or fun to do. The entertainment was 80% toilet humor or other tacky and somewhat tasteless garbage. The kids had nothing to do but spend a small fortune in the arcade. The pools are too small and crowded and events like the hairy chest contest do not engender a great deal of amusement, and my kids just see a bunch of loud drunks dominating the area. David's restaurant is a massive rip off. Very poor service and mediocre food at best. There were no interesting presentations, little courses etc., like they have on many other cruises. I'm not here to spoil anything for anyone, but the board needs to be balanced or else its value is greatly diminished.

Hi - great review! We are doing the same cruise 7/25. We are with Randi and doing Los Vernos - in Cabo just doing watersports I think.

I was wondering if at each port you are able to reboard the ship at any time or only at some pre-designated time? I think in Cabo you are "tendered" - are there regular tenders running back and forth? How are the other ports handled?

hi, on the pride, you can come and go as you wish, even in cabo, with the tenders. In the morning in cabo you need a ticket for a specific time to get off the ship, but around 10 am, that ends and you can leave pretty much when you want. the tenders return very frequently all throughout the day. both in PV and Mazatlan the ship is docked at the port and you can come and go all day long as you wish.

margrit,

What cruise line are you going on? On Royal Caribbean, (just returned - click on review: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=52817 ), very little was included except for lemonade, iced tea, cranberry juice, etc. at a fountain machine near pool. The drink card took care of any issue. I think it was $25 or so per card for the kids. That made everything a lot easier and we didn't have to confirm what was included and what wasn't.

We are on the Legend 7/25 - I did read your review - THANKS

We are very excited and it sounds like a blast -

• 4 weeks later...

We're going to be sitting on Randi's horses in 11 days and swinging over a gorge in 12!! Yaaaaaay thanks, Suzie - you're reviews made it much easier for us to decide on our excursions. Maybe they'll put my 7 yearold and I on Bunny and Clown so he will be near me.

You will have a wonderful time! I am glad my reviews could help. I learned so much from this board when trying to decide excursions that I wanted to give back. We are going back in March 2006 and have already decided to ride with Randi again. And I am already getting information for other things to do since there was so much to see that we didn't see. I can't wait to go back. I also can't wait to hear how much you enjoyed it!!!

Have a great trip!

Tina

• 1 month later...

Awesome review - Maybe I should look into the Canopy tour you took. It just looks a whole lot tougher than the "Original" one RCCL books. (That one only goes 60' in the air, with no river gorge). I guess 60' will kill you as easily as 160' though. LOL I did book with Rand's today for our Mazatlan excursion. I am SO looking forward to that. Thanks for all the info. Cheryl

Archived