Arriving in Amsterdam

I will be arriving in Amsterdam airport by my self with 1 large bag and 1 carry on plus my purse of course. What is the best way to get from the airport to my hotel, Grand Hotel K.

If it is taxi how much should it cost? Also I am handicapped and will need help at the airport to transfer my baggage are there carts available to get from arrivals to transportation?

Thank you for help

Francine

Francine: we just came back last night from a river cruise that began and ended in Amsterdam.

Yes, luggage carts are plentiful and free at Schipol. They are readily available at the luggage claim area--press down on the red handle to release the brake! You will clear immigration and customs before you go to the baggage claim area.

Once you exit the baggage claim area, follow the overhead signs to ground transportation area. Before you get to the exit door, there will be a counter to the left. Look for a sign above and behind the counter that says " A7". It is a hotel shuttle company. Give them the name of your hotel and they will tell you if they go to your hotel. If so, you can pay for a ticket right there. I forget the fee, but it will be about 20 Euro. Then proceed outside with your cart to the far right and look for a pole marked with "A7". The shuttles run frequently. If the shuttle company at "A7" doesn't go to your hotel, check with other companies at the counter.

We stayed at the Banks Mansion, which was a hotel covered by the shuttle company. Schipol is a great airport and it should have a web site to provide additional information.

Hope this helps!

I see BillS have explained it already to you. Yes, Hotel Krasnapolsky is also served by that busshuttle line. In your case it is the easiest way to get to the hotel.

If you want to know more about the airport check: www.schiphol.nl

or let me know how to help you.

Yes Francine we have been on Summit to Hawaii. We had a great cruise and were lucky with the weather.

Hilo had the 1st dry day after 2 weeks of rain when we arrived. Only in Kauai Waimea Canyon was closed and that morning we had some rain.

Kona, Honolulu and Lahaina were sunny.

We rented cars in all ports, so we saw a lot, especially all those places we visited more then 20 years ago..

We loved the seadays, time went awfully quick...

Archived