Galaxy's future refit

Normandie-BCN

I have just read in the last review of the Galaxy in Cruisemates that she is going to have a refit in the following months.

Do you know when and the extension of the refit? Is she going to have a refit similar to Century?

Don't believe anything until Celebrity announces it officially. In the past we have had on various boards reports from cruisers who spoke to people supposedly in the know on ships. Most of these reports have turned out to be false. Not being a pessimist, just being realistic. My guess is they may want to see how things turn out with the Century refit.

Hi Everyone !

I totally agree with Don. There are all sorts of "Rumors" that Galaxy and Mercury will get the same sort of upgrade (in the next year or two) that is about to happen to Century. It is just rumor at this time, as Celebrity has made no official announcement.

While it is possible, and perhaps even likely... I would think that Celebrity is going to wait to see how things go with Century, in terms of everything going on schedule with the upgrade, AND, how the passengers like the changes, before committing to do the same to Galaxy and Mercury. We will have to wait and see.

Hopefully, the upgrade to Century will be a big success. I am very excited about it.

In speaking with my rep last week, they are planning to do the same treatment to the Galaxy as they're doing to the Century. And that it will be done in Europe (because that's where the docks are which do this type of work). But the exact timing on it is yet to be determined.

Our CD also confirmed that the Galaxy would be getting "Century-ized". X did want to see first how the changes went over and whether adjustments would need to be made before X firmed up their plans. Only makes logical sense.

I don't mean any disrespect because you posted what you were told but the whole thing sounds suspicious. They can't physically do the same thing to Galaxy and Mercury as the Century since Galaxy and Mercury already have numerous verandas. Some of the other things such as specialty restaurant are possible but there would be no need to do the same to Galaxy and Mercury as Century so this rumor is just that, a rumor. It is fun to speculate and we have had Captains of ships report things to posters which have been totally false. Wait until Celebrity comes out with an annoucement.

Don,

What is being talked of with Centuryizing, it the upgrading of all cabins, addition of a Specialty Restuarant, eliminating the Tpool, and updating the spa. The Century is not just about balconies. Upgrading cabins goes from linens to the addtion of plasma TVs

They are planning on doing this at the end of next years European schedule.

Don,

What is being talked of with Centuryizing, it the upgrading of all cabins, addition of a Specialty Restuarant, eliminating the Tpool, and updating the spa. The Century is not just about balconies. Upgrading cabins goes from linens to the addtion of plasma TVs

They are planning on doing this at the end of next years European schedule.

I realize about the other things but this is the way these rumors start. I won't believe anything until I see it in a press release, just too much false info given out by people supposedly in the know.

Archived