QE2 captain on 3rd July 2006 cruise

QE2 fan

• 2 weeks later...
We are going on QE2 on 3rd July and I was wondering if anyone knows who will be captain for this voyage. I would like it to Captain Bates.

Just placing this question out there again if anyone may have information on the name of the potential captain of the QM2 for the July 3rd voyage. FYI....It would be nice to have Captain Bates as the other CC questioned. We also have had him 2x and would welcome him at command of the Mary....

Regards,

:)ESLO

(Ed & Bev)

Just placing this question out there again if anyone may have information on the name of the potential captain of the QM2 for the July 3rd voyage. FYI....It would be nice to have Captain Bates as the other CC questioned. We also have had him 2x and would welcome him at command of the Mary....

Regards,

:)ESLO

(Ed & Bev)

I asked Cunard who will be captain on my June 27th Trip and was told yesterday that it will be commodore Warwick.

So i would say it will be him on the 3rd July as he is also in charge on my way home on the July 8th Trip.

Commodore Warwick? Really?

I thought the Commodore was going to be on some summer cruises, but not in command. I'm booked on this crossing, and for some reason thought Captain Warner was in charge...

Anyone?

I asked who would be captain on the QE2 on 3rd July, not the QM2, but everyone that has replied seems to think I said QM2. It is unlikely that Captain Bates will be on QM2, he is captain of QE2 along with Cptn. Rynd if I'm not mistaken.

I asked who would be captain on the QE2 on 3rd July, not the QM2, but everyone that has replied seems to think I said QM2. It is unlikely that Captain Bates will be on QM2, he is captain of QE2 along with Cptn. Rynd if I'm not mistaken.

Too many on this board assume that there is the QM2 only.

Thee and me know better of course!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, Can you tell me, is there a roll call for the 3rd July QE2 somewhere? I've searched for an hour and can't find one! We are booked on the 'Glaciers and Geisers' cruise.

My son was in the Navy and his captain was a Captain Bates, on the HMAS Adelaide, obviously there will be more than one Captain Bates, but I wonder if he is the same one. He was a very good Captain, he invited all the crews families on a day out at sea, on manouvers. Fantastic fun!

Happy Cruzin'

Sandgroper

The Captain on QE2 in September will be David Perkins - not a name I am familiar with so is Captain Rynd no longer on board?

The only time I saw Captain Rynd was last July 05 when he dined in the Queens Grill and was then taking over from Captain Bates at the end of the cruise.

Kind Regards,

RJMS74

Sandgroper,

My wife and son (13 years old) and I will be on QE2 on July 3.

Jim

Hi yojimbo,

I found the roll call for QE2! In Roll call 'Other cruises'. It looks like we'll have the ship to ourselves if that roll call counts for anything! Have you been on QE2 before?

Regards

Sandgroper

Capt Rynd (who did the first half of QE2's 2006 World Cruise before Capt Bates took over in Japan) was scheduled to go to Mary for the first time around end of May for a couple of months. Don't know who would be on QE2 when Capt Bates is on leave. Maybe QE2 will get back the popular Capt Ian McNaught. Bates and McNaught, both have Cunard blood flowing through their veins, and are immensely popular with both crew and passengers. Can anyone confirm Capt Rynd is on Mary now and let us know who is on QE2 now?

Hi yojimbo,

I found the roll call for QE2! In Roll call 'Other cruises'. It looks like we'll have the ship to ourselves if that roll call counts for anything! Have you been on QE2 before?

Regards

Sandgroper

Hi Sandgroper, I did start a roll call but it disappeared ,on this cruise as well really looking forward to it,not been to Iceland before although "done" Norway a few times.

Archived