Homeport Motorcoach in Fla.

lka1012

Does anyone have experience with the Homeport Motorcoach offered my HAL? I will be on the Dec 3-13 sailing of the Volendam on the "Fuzzy Slipper" cruise. When I looked at the difference between flying in and out of FLL and flying into FLL then going over to Tampa to visit my sister and flying home from Tampa, the price was almost the same.

That leaves how to get from FLL over to Tampa without making my sis and bro-in-law driving to FLL to get me. That leaves the Homeport Motorcoach. So does anyone have experience with it, or know of another way to get to Tampa without standing by the side of the road with my luggage, thumb out and a sign that says "Tampa"!

Does anyone have experience with the Homeport Motorcoach offered my HAL? I will be on the Dec 3-13 sailing of the Volendam on the "Fuzzy Slipper" cruise. When I looked at the difference between flying in and out of FLL and flying into FLL then going over to Tampa to visit my sister and flying home from Tampa, the price was almost the same.

That leaves how to get from FLL over to Tampa without making my sis and bro-in-law driving to FLL to get me. That leaves the Homeport Motorcoach. So does anyone have experience with it, or know of another way to get to Tampa without standing by the side of the road with my luggage, thumb out and a sign that says "Tampa"!

I don't know about Homeport's rates, but there is an altertenative. The car rental companies in Florida do not charge a dropoff fee if you turn the car in at a different place than where it was rented. You can rent a car for a day at FLL, drop it off at Tampa for about $40-$60 plus gas (depending on the size of car, of course) and you don't have to pay top dollar for a limo service or put up with "their" schedule if it's a bus.

Archived