Parents who book a separate room for teens

Please book your room right next to your teens. On our Mariner cruise last week we found out the hard way that Royal Caribbean will turn a blind eye to a room full of teens partying all night and harassing other passengers and allow their parents to have rooms on the other side of the ship or on another deck.

Oh - thats when I go to the Pursers desk in my jammies at 3 a.m. and complain until I turn blue !!!! Or better yet take my pillow and sleep on the couch in the Centrum.... that might work !

Luckily have not had even the slightest problem cruising in November.

Of course the parents who have their cabin on the other side of the ship and allow teens to "party" all night probably won't do much to remedy the situation anyway.

It was terrible and the partying went on one night until 5 o'clock in the morning. I had to call security three times in one night. I'm not an old prude and can understand partying until a reasonable hour but all night every night was ridiculous. And security never took things seriously until the fifth night when I marched down to guest relations and demanded something be done and the parents be notified. Then the teens took to harassing me in the hallways. Security was then posted outside our cabin. NOT something anyone should have to experience on a vacation. I was not at all pleased with the crew's response to the situation.

I feel terrible that you had to spend your cruise that way! What the heck is wrong with people! How were they harassing you? Why would they post a guard and not kick them off at the next port? It is again a shame that you had to deal with this. Has RCl offered you any compensation?

Had the same thing happen on one or our cruises last year. 4 boys a little younger than teens (7 - 10) were wrecking the place. They were in a cabin next to a young girl (I guess their older sister) maybe 12 and a very elderly woman. I called and called. Nothing happened until I went down the the guest relations and told them that if they didn't do something that they would NOT have a cabin to let to the next customers. (doors being banged, terrible noises coming from that cabin) Well for the remainder of the week they were as quiet as mice. Also one of the other problems was they didn't speak english so the one time I went a across the hall to quiet them down they didn't understand a word I said!) ON the last day I saw the whole troop leaving with the consigneir. So the long and short of the story is that the parents weren't even on our deck they were in one of the suites!

We've allowed our teen to have her own room for four spring break cruises in a row across from our balcony cabin on RCCL and only on the last one aboard the Splendor did the room next to them keep them awake. The 20's age guys kept knocking on the connecting door the first night. We use good walkie-talkies to communicate instantly between cabins.

Now, in your mind visualize a 47 year old, hairy backed man in gym shorts headed to the pursers desk to see security. Even the woman I love said it was not a pretty sight. I had an officer follow me back to the girls room and listen for himself.

The parents of these kids were told the'd be put off the ship in Cozumel if they didn't stop, and the boys got the early wake-up calls from me the next two mornings.

I've had better luck with the purser by going in person, and by going as the ape man it got an expedited response...

Problem solved.

It was terrible and the partying went on one night until 5 o'clock in the morning. I had to call security three times in one night. I'm not an old prude and can understand partying until a reasonable hour but all night every night was ridiculous. And security never took things seriously until the fifth night when I marched down to guest relations and demanded something be done and the parents be notified. Then the teens took to harassing me in the hallways. Security was then posted outside our cabin. NOT something anyone should have to experience on a vacation. I was not at all pleased with the crew's response to the situation.

SAME EXACT THING HAPPENED TO US ON OUR SPRING BREAK ON JEWEL OF THE SEAS! I can tolerate a couple nights of noise, and hated to call the front desk but finally had to on the fourth night. Blows my mind how they can bang into the walls time after time :confused: lol. Finally after the third complaint, crew finally took it seriously and told them that if it didnt stop, they would have to depart the ship at the next port of call. After that it stopped

Navigator of the Seas 6/06

Jewel of the Seas 4/06

Mariner of the Seas 7/05

Adventure of the Seas 7/04

Voyager of the Seas 5/04

Imagination 7/03

Soveriegn of the Seas 7/00

We only had two sea days left once guest relations took things seriously so there was no putting them off the ship. I was only offered to be moved to another cabin which really upset me as I had done nothing wrong; why should I have the hassle of packing up and moving!!!!!!!!! We were offered nothing else from RCI and I'll be shocked if I get a response from my guest survey. One boy did apologize to my husband in the hallway. One parent rudely told me it wasn't his son but the son's "idiot friends" and offered no apology.

Please book your room right next to your teens. On our Mariner cruise last week we found out the hard way that Royal Caribbean will turn a blind eye to a room full of teens partying all night and harassing other passengers and allow their parents to have rooms on the other side of the ship or on another deck.

Amen, amen, and AMEN!

We're just off the Grandeur and I was shocked at the number of unsupervised kids in staterooms and all over the ship. You know, I've raised 6 kids and there's no way I'd tolerate that type of behavior. My greatest sympathies were for the crew. They were clearly caught between trying to maintain order and not overstepping their bounds.

I watched a room service attendant crawl along the floor picking up french fries while a teen stood laughing in the stateroom doorway in front the french fry trail. We had a group of pre-teen girls next to us in Windjammer who threw ice cubes and water at one another. Finally one of them tipped over backwards and fell flat on her spoiled little behind. Of course the staff had to clean up her mess. Just two of the lovely displays of obnoxious behavior we witnessed...

I had this same experience on another line and called Security several times a day. These kids were throwing around what sounded like furniture, screaming and cursing, slamming doors, day and night.

Never got an apology from the parents, just a hateful look.

And these teens would get quiet for a few minutes and start up all over again.

It was awful!

We've allowed our teen to have her own room for four spring break cruises in a row across from our balcony cabin on RCCL and only on the last one aboard the Splendor did the room next to them keep them awake. The 20's age guys kept knocking on the connecting door the first night. We use good walkie-talkies to communicate instantly between cabins.

Now, in your mind visualize a 47 year old, hairy backed man in gym shorts headed to the pursers desk to see security. Even the woman I love said it was not a pretty sight. I had an officer follow me back to the girls room and listen for himself.

The parents of these kids were told the'd be put off the ship in Cozumel if they didn't stop, and the boys got the early wake-up calls from me the next two mornings.

I've had better luck with the purser by going in person, and by going as the ape man it got an expedited response...

Problem solved.

Good on you! My hubby is an ape man too, I'll remember that trick if we get any bother!

That has happened to us. Best way to fix it is: Find out the parents cabin number. When the kids get too loud, call the parents. Sure, it's O.K. to call them at 3:00 a.m. Might as well wake them up, too! Then, to top things off, at about 6:00 a. m., start calling the kids room every 15 minutes or so. This work in hotels, too!

That would make me so angry. We had that problem but it was adults (fighting with one another every night, he beat her senseless a couple of nights, security did nothing, but it was NCL not RCCL)

We've seen some parents here complain that RCCL put their kids in separate rooms at opposite ends of the ship. That should never happen.

Archived