Spring Break schedule 2007.....

bububr

Does anyone have the time frame for the spring breakers in March of 07?

We try to avoid them as much as possible...but sometimes the time frames overlap. Of course on a 10 night there are less anyway.

We are booked on the Zenith for March 23rd 10 night to Caribbean.....Just wondering if that was a bad time to be leaving out of Tampa?

Also we are booked in Concierge class #1002/1004. Has any one been in these or near? They are under the Fleet Bar...but its carpeted...just wondering since we've not stayed in this area before.

Dave:eek:

Sarasota County Schools will be off on Spring Break starting March 23, 2007. Sarasota is just 1 hour south of Tampa. We looked into that one as well as the Connie sailing that same day just for Spring Break. May want to rethink that one...

Nancy

P.S. Spring break is a full ten days...

All I can say is "crap"....Its the only time we can all get together unless the week after...but that runs into easter.....

On the plus side the Zenith only holds about 1300....they can't all be kids. And theres not much to do on this ship for kids....Maybe I'll be lucky?

I just mainly try to avoid the college, obnoxious, drunken, loud cruisers. If they are in the minimum I think we'll be fine.

I think they should bring back spring break like they used to when I was growing up...Over Easter period.

We were aboard Horizon for a 10 night trip over spring break (Easter) last year. While it had more families aboard than usual because of holiday, there were still a relatively low number of kids altogether simply because it was a longer length cruise.

Incidentally, our school's spring break for 2007 is scheduled from Fri Apr 14 to Apr 23.

I figured the 10 day cruise would attract fewer kids...there are a number of shorter cruises at that time so I was hoping the #'s would be fewer.

But like Nancynurse said this does fit right in to the breaks in Sarasota.

I can just hope that not all parents will have the same time off and be thinking the same thing.

Thanks again for the info....And I think the First couple weeks of April are what I was used to....At least what I think I remember..Its been quite a while...:D

All I can say is "crap

LOL! Just thought your comment was funny, not your situation:(. I have kids, and when DW & I sail alone together we do try to avoid the times that the masses of kids will be sailing with families.

Our Spring Break also begins on Friday, 3/23/07. Our kids do attend a Private Lutheran school, and we used to have our Spring break Easter week, but decided to change that mainly because (being a Christian School) we felt it was more important for the kids to be in town for the holy week and religious services than on vacation.

I hope you have a great cruise (and don't have a loud obnoxious crowd on board):) !

Hi bububr: We are booked too, along with several other couples on the Zenith for 3/23/07. In our experience, there haven't been a lot of kids (spring breakers) on the longer cruises (10 to 14 days) and we are hopeful of the same situation this time. It seems (from reading on these boards), that there are not the same kinds of problems when there are families on board; the shorter trips with multiple young people in one cabin seem to generate more trouble. We have encouraged three more couples who are seriously considering booking with us to go, so I hope we are not wrong.

We love the itinerary and we definitely prefer Celebrity, so we looking forward to a great trip.

Carolyn & John

We were on the same cruise as mahdnc on the Horizon last year. I don't think you will have any issue with a lot of kids because of the length. We LOVED the itinerary.

For our schools the break is the last week of April.

out of San Diego, any opinions? I cruised on HAL the same week last month on the Oosterdam out of San Diego, and there were more children than typically cruise HAL(was on a HAL ship in Dec, very few kids) and I figured the same should be true with Celebrity, what do you think? My theory is the families will be cruising Carnival and RCI to the Mexican Rivera??? Now the week AFTER my sailing there was a larger number of children(by HAL standards) booked. I am hoping to just slide in under the wire, BUT, I am not sure if that is so since Easter is earlier in 2007. I guess I should have thought this out a bit more.

Marie

I was on Mercury this year out of San Diego March 17th, I won't get into it.

However, We didn't notice, see, have any problems with college students, or young children. I found only one to be particularly obxnious, especially at BINGO, but that was the only one. Our tablemates had two children, 14 and 12 that had cruised before so they were actually alright. even dressed up for formal night etc....something you don't regularly see.

Hope alls well and your cruise goes smoothly.

I was on Mercury this year out of San Diego March 17th, I won't get into it.

However, We didn't notice, see, have any problems with college students, or young children. I found only one to be particularly obxnious, especially at BINGO, but that was the only one. Our tablemates had two children, 14 and 12 that had cruised before so they were actually alright. even dressed up for formal night etc....something you don't regularly see.

Hope alls well and your cruise goes smoothly.

I am sorry about your Mercury cruise. I read the posts and it sounded horrible. I am glad to hear the cruise was not overrun with children. Thanks for responding.

Marie

Archived