Best Cabanas?

jerseygirl3

We will be cruising to Half Moon Cay next year. The cabanas aren't open for booking yet, but while I am waiting, I wondered if someone could enlighten me as to which cabanas, in descending order, are the best and worst cabanas to book? I would like something nearby bathrooms/refreshments but not where all the other guests would be invading my "personal space." (everybody needs at least 3 feet between them and another person!!!LOL).

Thanks!

We've had both the turquoise (last year on Zuiderdam) and peach (this year on Westerdam) and loved the location of both. The peach is further down the beach than the turquoise and we never were bothered by either too much foot traffic or anyone attempting to use our shower!

We had been waitlisted for any cabana on our recent Westerdam and were surprised to see the highly-prized cabana tickets in our suite upon arrival.......I literally did a "cabana dance" which is similar to the doc dance but involves more hopping up and down.

Both cabanas were not far at all from the restrooms (an easy walk). My own feeling is any cabana is worth its weight in gold.......

We added on the much talked about butler package (did this before we even left port) and DH and I were so glad we did. Food was fabulous, butler was superb (he was one of the waiters from the Pinnacle) and I can't say enough.

Forgive the ramble here - you can tell I love the cabanas!:p

We're hoping we are able to secure a cabana...I know they sell out fast. :)

Does anyone know which one of these cabanas would offer some shade? I've looked at the pictures, but it's hard to tell which ones have trees next to them. We're not sun worshippers, but would love to sit on the deck of the cabana, provided there is a bit of shade.

Here's Ziggy's pictures of her cabana...

http://community.webshots.com/album/310184391qmbGBl

We loved the turquoise cabana! Great location. There is a small tree next to the cabana. The cabana itself gives you lots of shade. I can't handle hours and hours of sun, so the cabana was wonderful. We were on the beach until about 3PM. The cabana has a table /chairs for four, refrigerator, ceiling fan, air conditioner and then lounges on the front porch" plus snorkles, fins, and four floats. I LOVED the shower on the cabana porch--great way to rinse off saltwater and to cool down. It was worth every $ !

They are difficult to get(sell out so fast) so you really need to keep checking shore excrsions on line to see when thye become available. I booked in March for a July cruise. I booked the second day they were posted and got my first choice.

If you can book one, do. It was a fantastic day.

We loved the turquoise cabana! Great location. There is a small tree next to the cabana. The cabana itself gives you lots of shade. I can't handle hours and hours of sun, so the cabana was wonderful. We were on the beach until about 3PM. The cabana has a table /chairs for four, refrigerator, ceiling fan, air conditioner and then lounges on the front porch" plus snorkles, fins, and four floats. I LOVED the shower on the cabana porch--great way to rinse off saltwater and to cool down. It was worth every $ !

They are difficult to get(sell out so fast) so you really need to keep checking shore excrsions on line to see when thye become available. I booked in March for a July cruise. I booked the second day they were posted and got my first choice.

If you can book one, do. It was a fantastic day.

Thanks for the information on the shade. We really just want to sit in the shade, read, and enjoy a drink or two. Thanks for all the great information. I've been checking with shore excursions, but they told me they won't be able to book excursion for our cruise until mid-May.

The only thing I'm not sure about is the butler service. We're not big drinkers, and honestly, the food that comes in the fridge sounds like it will be more than we need. Then there's the buffet if we are hungry. I'm not sure what to do. I have a little bit of time. I may book the cabana first, and then think about the butler. I do hope I am able to snag a cabana. :)

We had the pink with the butler. We had wonderful shade until late in the afternoon, when the sun was at such an angle that I'm sure ALL the cabanas were taking the brunt of it. It was a bit of a hike to get to the bathroom, but definitely peaceful, and we enjoyed looking down the beach at the crowded conditions not too far away.

If you're not big drinkers, don't want much food, and don't care to have your every whim taken care of then the butler upgrade is probably a waste. But for me, and I have different priorities than you, I would either book the cabana with the butler or stay on board--the island's not worth doing otherwise! :D

We had the pink with the butler. We had wonderful shade until late in the afternoon, when the sun was at such an angle that I'm sure ALL the cabanas were taking the brunt of it. It was a bit of a hike to get to the bathroom, but definitely peaceful, and we enjoyed looking down the beach at the crowded conditions not too far away.

If you're not big drinkers, don't want much food, and don't care to have your every whim taken care of then the butler upgrade is probably a waste. But for me, and I have different priorities than you, I would either book the cabana with the butler or stay on board--the island's not worth doing otherwise! :D

Ahhh...but I just love to sit in front of the ocean...and listen to the sounds and enjoy the beauty of it all. I'm sure we'll love the cabana...just not sure if we really need the butler. But it would be nice to have someone to run and get drinks for us. As for the lunch, I seem to remember if you order the butler package, you order from a different menu. But maybe I am wrong...I've read so much in the past few months, that's it's all running together in my mind. :)

Archived