Mariner: Is This A Great Ship Or What?

Howlev...You mentioned dropping your DW off at the pier nthen returning your car rental...how long did it take for you to get back to the pier...and what did she do in the meantime?

We will be using Budget too and wasn't sure how that all works.

Thanks!

BopRN: We stayed at Radisson at the Port on Saturday night. At about 11:15 am, I drove my DW to the port and dropped her off. We had 4 pieces of luggage. The drop-off area was easy-the luggage handlers took our 2 big pieces. My DW took one carry-on. She went inside the terminal, through the screening and waited on the second level for me to get back. The second level is where they check in the Mariner passengers but there are chairs there. I drove the car back to Budget and they shuttled me back to the Port. The Budget return was simple. They use at least 3 vans to go back and forth and they are only 10 minutes from the pier. I had my carry-on and after I went through screening, I joined my DW upstairs. By then it was about noon. She had already filled out a few forms so we were ok to join the line. It looks long but it moves fast. Everything is very well-organized.We were on the ship by 12:30.

Pardon me for "thread jumping", but I could use some help.

After doing a Google search, I found that JrMafia has cruised the Victory before, and was in cabins 7427-7431. We are currently booked on her in 7429 and 7431 (for May 14-21, 2006) and would love to see pics, if you have them.

I can return the favor...seems we took a cruise on the Mariner (absolutely loved it!). We had cabins 7562 & 7564 (balcony) as well as 7555, one of the inside promenade rooms. I have pics of those, and would be happy to post them here, if anyone needs to see them.

You can "jump our thread" if you like...here's the link

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=6478676&posted=1#post6478676

Everyone here on this thread will always remember you trip on the Mariner. We do, and plan on doing it again.

Thanks for your help...have a safe trip!

As you will see from my signature....the Mariner is my ship of choice. I love the Mariner, love Captain Johnny and Captain Gerry, the staff and crew are friendly and accommodating, I love the decor of the ship and the pool deck area....I think everything about the ship is top rate. I have also heard that the Mariner currently has the top rating in the fleet based on the customer satisfaction surveys. I'll be back on board in just three days....sailing this Sunday....and I just can't wait!!!!!

Kimberly

Monarch of the Seas 4/02

Disney Wonder 11/02

Adventure of the Seas 10/03, 3/04

Voyager of the Seas to Canada 9/5/04

Mariner of the Seas 11/7/04, 1/16/05, 5/8/05,10/9/05

Mariner of the Seas with the kids and the "HOGS" 11/6/05

Mariner of the Seas 1/15/06

Mariner of the Seas 4/30/06

Majesty of the Seas 10/30/06

Freedom of the Seas 11/5/06

Kim,

If I might offer a suggestion - just for a nice change of pace - you should try the Mariner of the Seas. Really. :p

And I also think that you should have plenty of stock in RCI!

Will you be in a stateroom, suite or an apartment on board?

Pardon me for "thread jumping", but I could use some help.

After doing a Google search, I found that JrMafia has cruised the Victory before, and was in cabins 7427-7431. We are currently booked on her in 7429 and 7431 (for May 14-21, 2006) and would love to see pics, if you have them.

I can return the favor...seems we took a cruise on the Mariner (absolutely loved it!). We had cabins 7562 & 7564 (balcony) as well as 7555, one of the inside promenade rooms. I have pics of those, and would be happy to post them here, if anyone needs to see them.

You can "jump our thread" if you like...here's the link

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=6478676&posted=1#post6478676

Everyone here on this thread will always remember you trip on the Mariner. We do, and plan on doing it again.

Thanks for your help...have a safe trip!

I'm always up for looking at pictures of the Mariner. If you could post them here, that would be great! We'll be on Mariner in June; #7648.

We're doing Mariner Eastern Carribean in August :)

Any tips on excursions? especially CocoCay? Getting excited after reading this post.

Thanks for any advice! :D[/quot

If you want to tour St Thomas call or E mail travelflam@yahoo.com, cell 340-513-4041. He took sixteen of us and we laughed our butts off. He is Hillarious. Feel free to contact me by email should you want more info, donmac11@alltel.net.

My wife and I sailed 4/2/06 on the Mariner. It was our second. First was the Norwegian Majesty out of Charleston , Western Caribbean. First was good due to no former experience but doesn't hold a candle to the Mariner.

Archived