Space Neddle Restaurant

The food is good, but if you are looking for a great meal in Seattle there are many restaurants that are better. That said, I personally love going to the Space Needle. The food is expensive, but quite good. We have celebrated anniversaries, birthdays, and other holidays there and have enjoyed each and every one. The view is spectacular on a sunny day or at night. I have even been there when it was rainy and loved it. Sunday Brunch is a highlight as well!

We prefer going for lunch vs dinner. It is cool at dinner time to watch the sunset and see the building lit up. But if you go for lunch you have much better views. We actually have had dinner there 2x (and 1 time was not happy with the quality of the meal) but it is a somewhat limited menu if you have picky eats (or people like me who do not each seafood of any kind or mushrooms). Lunch menu is still fancy enough with basics like burgers and sandwiches as well.

For dinner there is a minimum food charge of $30 per person; for lunch it is a min. of $25 per person. (If you just did the elevator to the observation deck it is $14 each and you have to stand in long lines). Some of the menu items all seem pricy (and they are, $22 for a chicken sandwich and fries) but they also figure in the observation fee in there as well since you also can go to the observation deck and wander around etc.

Here's the link to their website for details/more info http://www.spaceneedle.com/restaurant/. If you do decide to eat there, make sure to make your reservations in advance to get the seating you want. And if you really want to sit at a window table tell them as soon as you check in otherwise you may find yourself at in interior table looking out the windows from a distance.

PS The lunar orbiter is a basic dessert but worth it for the "thrill" factor.

It has been 20 since we dined at the Space Needle.

After enjoying our meal and the spectacular view we got up from our window seats and I realized that I had placed my purse on the window ledge.... the restaurant rotates but the window ledge doesn't!! I had to walk around the whole restaurant to find my purse.

Archived