Gold sign and sail card

bchbum641

You get the gold card on your 2nd cruise, but only Carnival cruises count (no Costa or other lines owned by Carnival).

The last time you cruised Carnival, I don't believe the new cards were rolled out to all ships yet. I think that happened sometime last summer.

It only counts on Carnival cruises not other lines owned by Carnival. I know that's not fair but that's how they do it. I just went Platinum last week and it sure makes the difference when you get to that point on the 10th one.

Treated like a real VIP. In fact we were the only VIPs on our ship.

Ahhh, I thought it was the fifth...my bad :cool:

I guess it's because I always got the blue one up until my Liberty cruise in Feb.

We're hitting number 5 this weekend and finally getting our Gold card too. :( But I guess we really haven't missed anything.

Thanks for the quick response. We'll be sailing in Jan '07 on the Spirit so should get one then- Too bad it doesn't entitle us to discounts on drinks:rolleyes:

If you have a log on for Carnivals webpage, you can look at cruise history. If your cruises are not listed, you need to get them listed. If you have the booking #s you can input them yourself on the page. Carnivals information is not always complete. Some people had to call and have older cruises added to get the Platinum service they new they qualified for.

You'll get it when you are on your fifth cruise.

It doesn't do anything but show that you are a frequent Carnival Cruiser....

You get it on your 2nd cruise, assuming that all the info Carnival collects is consistent. If you booked under a slightly different name (middle initial vs. no initial) their computers don't put them togther.

You need to contact Carnival with your booking #'s and see if they can find them and put them together.

Other than that, the gold card don't mean squat.

Mark T

If you have a log on for Carnivals webpage, you can look at cruise history. If your cruises are not listed, you need to get them listed. If you have the booking #s you can input them yourself on the page. Carnivals information is not always complete. Some people had to call and have older cruises added to get the Platinum service they new they qualified for.

Thank you, thank you, for that info. I did it and now all three of my cruises show, so I'm READY for my GOLD card.

You get it on your 2nd cruise, assuming that all the info Carnival collects is consistent. If you booked under a slightly different name (middle initial vs. no initial) their computers don't put them togther.

You need to contact Carnival with your booking #'s and see if they can find them and put them together.

Other than that, the gold card don't mean squat.

Mark T

We cruised on Carnival for the second time last week and got our gold cards. All except for my sister-in-law. Her husband used her full name this time when he booked instead of her common name and she got the blue and red card. We thought it was funny, she didn't. She did get it changed however and was a happy gold card carrier for the rest of the cruise.

I will say that we were first time Carnival cruisers on the Glory. Seeing our blue and red cards, the staff went out of there way to spit in our faces, stick out there feet to trip us and make snide comments behind our back. This time, we were treated like royalty which I am sure was because we had gold cards. ;)

Archived