guarantee cabin assignment question

beljwl

We booked a balcony VH guarantee with a sailing date of 5/13. I keeping checking HAL website to see if my cabin has been assigned and as of right now it still hasn't been. I have read that others on the same sailing have started having their guarantee's assigned. I know that it can be assigned as late as us actually on board the ship. Here is my question, is it a better sign that it has not been assigned on the chance of getting a better upgrade or does it mean nothing at all. Any idea how they chose guarantee room assignments?

Good question. We've only booked one cruise under these conditions and didn't get the assignment until we boarded and got a two catigory upgrade which was good. I'm not saying that will happen, just what we experianced. With that said, it really depends on how the ship sells I suspect. I'm sure you'll be fine. Enjoy your cruise.

We booked a guarantee once and had our room assisgnment within 10 days. It was a one cat. upgrade. We were happy. Then at check-in at the pier, we found out we were upgraded again to an SA cat.!!! We were very happy. It just depends on the upgrade fairy, I suppose. Just make sure you will be happy with any cabin in the cat. you book because that could be your assignment.

We booked in January for the Oosterdam to Alaska on May 6 and just got our cabin # -- 6052 Upper Verandah. We had an SZ guarantee and got an SZ.... no upgrade fairy. But I like the curved balcony, so I'm happy. I was surprised we didn't get an SY or SS, but am glad it worked out the way it did! I kept checking the immigration form to see the GUAR change to a cabin. Yesterday it finally changed. Also our documents arrived a week ago.

Jane

Archived