Balcony Cabin

My husband and I are planning on getting a balcony cabin for the first time in 5 cruises. Where is the best location for a balcony in the E1 level. What deck is best? Is it bothersome to have people looking down on you if you are on a lower deck? We are planning on Serenade of the seas and trying to decide which cabin and if we should go with the E1 or E3 level. Any information would be great.

PGCruiser,

My DW and I cruised on the Radiance of the Seas last Nov and were in Cabin 8564. I do remember looking forward and seeing people close to the rail. As far as privacy, not sure any of the balconies are really private, some more than others. We had a fantastic cruise on an absolutely fabulous ship. Great experience! This was our first balcony and did we ever enjoy.

Hope you have a great cruise!

Thank you so much for you're response Tanker. Do you mean if you lean out and look to the left or right when seeing people at their rails? We have only been on one cruise before and if we leaned out and looked left or right we often saw someone elses arms or head...

We were on the Jewell deck 10 (1062) aft not far from the hump and the people on the hump could always see us. The windjammer also had windows that looked right on us too. We felt like we were in a fish bowl so didn't use the deck much. I would not choose this area because of that and the fact that you can hear carts rolling rolling across the tile floors of the Windjammer 18 hour a day.

PGcruiser,

We could only see the arms of the people on either side of us if we were at the railing, but we waved at the people on the bump every time we came out on our balconey. The first and last cabin on the bump are the most visable to the forward or rear balconies. If you want more privacy, the center of the bump may be better.

9526 & 9528...great view...couldn't really see the ones directly below us, but on the 7th deck, they stick out further...look a little larger or maybe the rooms are a little larger. Don't know.

We're in 8088 on Serenade. Right smack in the middle of the ship on deck 8. Last time were were in 9020 (forward). Too much motion up front.

Love the balcony though.... Got spoiled by it. Don't think we'll ever go back to a cabin without it now.

I´ve been in 1552 on the Jewel of the Seas which is the same class of ship like the Serenade. The cabin is great. Huge bathroom with bathub and double sink. Spacious sleeping and living area that can be divided by a curtain. The balcony is huge too with two chairs a nice table and a lounger. There is also plenty of storage space.

The cabin location worked also great for me. Very centrally located near the Centrum area. No noise issues, neither from the deck above nor from the centrum area. The Concierge lounge which is very nice is located just across on the other ships side.

I´m looking forward to have the same cabin in less than 100 days on my next cruise.

If you like to know more about the cabin I have pics and a review on my website.

Hi,

I read the post from nny92825100-we have a JS 1092 near the aft-but are concerned about noise form the windjammer cafe-what do you guys think?? there are no suites on any other level-just a bad design by RCCL???.

we leave on 4/05 so we can change but as this is our first cruise we wanted to have a suite.

thanks

Barry

Cruising Fan you mention you stayed in room 9096 - which ship were you on? We are booked in room 9606 which is in the middle of the ship by the elevators on the Explorer of the Seas.

• 3 weeks later...

We had JS on the Serenade which is identical except for decor as the Jewell. Our cabin was 1586 and yes it was noisy. I should have known better when we booked on the Jewell than to go to deck 10 aft. I would suggest changing if at possible, unless you can sleep through a lot of restaraunt noice. The JS is really pretty nice, huge bathroom, walk in closet, walking space in the cabin. It was awfully hard to go back to a D1, but cost dictates what we can do. It would have been over $800 higher each for the JS on our Baltic cruise. For 1600 we could go on another cruise.

We have had balcony on deck 8 number 8012....don't get any closer..this was 3 from the front....and the first one "back" to have a great, great view!

And then 10 aft on this type of ship.....both are great!

Lou

Hey cruisingrightalong, Just out of curiosity, what would be blocking the view of the balconies forward of 8012? Thanks.

Archived