Walking shoes..

habibti

Yes, I just got 3 pairs of Naots. Some styles were too narrow for me, but found 2 styles that are great. Support like a Birkenstock, but cushier and "more attractive". The leather is very soft. I didn't take the advice of others to order the next size up from what you would normally wear and had to send them back and order up. I wear a 36 in Birks, but needed a 37 in these. I have severe PF (that 2 surgeries couldn't correct) and normally live in walking shoes with orthotics, so sandals are quite a treat. I also like Wolky's. Some are better for different types of foot conditions so research well. Or with Zappo's you can order and send back very easily.

Annette

I too have plantar faciitis, along with a heel spur and lovely flat feet. This all developed with a lot of pain in no time. All of a sudden I could barely walk. I had so much pain I saw many doctors, got steriod shots right in my feet and even considered surgery. I started wearing Bikenstocks exclusively. Now after three years I no longer have any pain and I am so glad I didn't get any surgery on my feet. I would recommend these sandals for anyone who has these problems, and anyone who does not. I believe they corrected my feet. I have worn them treking in jungles, on beaches and basically everyday. It is worth a try. Its all about supporting the arch.

Actually I do not have much of the heel pain that I used to. It was so bad sometimes that walking on an uneven edge of carpet almost hobbled me. Maybe I just got the inflammation to go away. I don't know why my feet don't hurt anymore. I am not questioning it, just enjoying no pain. But I truly do understand what your talking about. I must have a drawer full of cushy heel pads, inserts and anything you can think of.

Since my foot surgery last year, I too have been having a battle with shoes. High arches are also an issue with me.

I bought my first pair of "practical" Ecco brand sandals two weeks ago. ($90 and worth every penny)

I'm certainly going to look into the other brands that have been previously mentioned.

Thanks for starting this thread!

Jacque

I have finally realized when cruising and travelling to wear comfortable shoes. I love to be stylish, but I also want to enjoy my vacation and not with blistered, sore feet.

I have three pairs of Birkenstocks and one pair of Teva sandals, but I recently found a pair of stylist Born sandals at Marshalls and bought them. I love....love...love them.

These are the most comfortable sandals I've ever worn. They don't even compare to the Birkies. I went on Zappos website and ordered a pair of black loafers to wear with jeans. I will wear them before my next cruise to break them in.

I'm leaving my nice sandals at home for my next cruise to Hawaii and bringing my Borns, Tevas and Easy Spirit walkers.

I brought on my last cruise a wonderful pair of patent leather strappy sandals I bought at Talbots and worn them every formal and informal night. They are so comfortable, have a great low kitten heal and look classy. They are indispensible.

I'm finally realizing looks are fine, but comfort is the only way to go when travelling.

Archived