Sunday in Bermuda; does this affect touring?

nancyrick

We will being docking at Kings Wharf on a Sunday from 9 to 5pm.

Obviously we will need to limit our sightseeing; I don't want to spend all day traveling around on buses. Due to our limited schedule I don't feel the need to spend any beach time, however I would to love to see some pretty beaches. Okay what do we do? Do we just stay and spend time at the Dockyard and maybe take a bus to view the south beaches? Or should we definitely see Hamilton or St Georges? If so, which one? (Will things/stores be open on Sunday?) The caves sound interesting; are they worth the trip from Kings Wharf? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Hamilton will be mostly shut down. For St Georges it depends if there is a cruise ship in port at St that day. If so, it should be a typical day. The only cruise ship I can think of that docks at SG on Sunday is the Radisson Navigator. They no longer sail out of NY/Norfolk, but are sailing to Bermuda out of Fort Lauderdale.

I just got back from the Carnival Legend cruise to Bermuda. We docked on Sat around 1pm EST and left on Sunday around 4pm EST. Everything in Hamilton closes at 5-5:30 their time on Saturday and remains closed on Sunday, with the exception of restaurants and bars. We were quite dissapointed as we didn't make it to Hamilton until about an hour before everything closed because of our Shore excursion.

If you are docking in Kings Wharf there is a little shopping center called the Clocktower mall that you can check out for souvenirs - they were open on Sunday. Also be sure to stop at the Bermuda Rum Cake company behind the mall - they are out of this world!

My favorite sites were the Crystal Caves, which doesn't take long, and Horseshoe Beach with it's pretty pink sand and turqouise waters. You will get a pretty good glimpse of the island beauty on your way there.

Thanks--- should we plan to take the ferry from Kings Wharf to Hamilton and then a bus to the caves? And then a bus up to Horseshoe Beach and then back to Kings Wharf? Sounds like it's pointless to go into Hamilton or St George?

I'm kinda disappointed it will be Sunday; sounds like our choices are very limited. Does anyone else have any other suggestions?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived