Glass Bottom Boat Excursion

BrooklynGirl2

We are headed to Bermuda on Zenith in June. Has anyone ever done the glass bottom boat ship excursion? How was it? Where do you meet the boat? And finally...were you able to see any fish?

My 6 year old wants to do this and I was wondering if he would enjoy it. He loves fish and sea-life. We have done the aquarium and the Bermuda Ocean Discovery Center. Looking for something different.

Thanks!:)

I have done the glass bottom boat cruise. It was a great ride, but I was a little disappointed. We did see fish, no doubt about that, but they just lift boards from the bottom of the boat and everyone stands around the railing and looks down through the glass. The glass is rather thick and not perfectly clear for viewing. It is a sectioned off area. It's fun to see the fish, but once was enough for me. In St. George, the glass bottom boat is right next to the Deliverance ship replica.

Thanks Macdays...

What month did you go? And did you do this on your own or through the ship? I do remember seeing the Glass Bottom boat when we were walking around on the Deliverance. I don't see why we can't just buy our own tickets and board the ship right there.:)

The tour will come to a pier within walking distance of the ship. I do nt recommed this tour. It is not the same as a mini sub where you actally are sitting in the hull and your face is adjacent the window.

'

We only saw one variety of grey little fish. It was a real pain ahving to stand around those boards and look down as we were crowded elbow to elbow - we could not see much anyway.

I would suggest a Catamarran excurion that has snorkeling or purchase snorkel equipment at Horseshoe Bay (Hamilton) Snorkel Park (Kings Wharf) or Tobacco Bay (St George).

Thanks Macdays...

What month did you go? And did you do this on your own or through the ship? I do remember seeing the Glass Bottom boat when we were walking around on the Deliverance. I don't see why we can't just buy our own tickets and board the ship right there.:)

I have been to Bermuda five times, April, May, July, August, and October. I'm booked again for October 1. I arranged the glass bottom boat tour on my own shortly after arriving. I have never done the snorkeling, as I am not a swimmer. I do agree though that it has to be better than standing around trying to all cram in. I hope you have a wonderful cruise. I recommend the St. George Carriage Ride too. The scenery is so beautiful. Have fun!

We sailed to Bermuda on the Zenith last June and did the ship's excursion glass bottom boat ride in Hamilton. We arrived a bit late in Hamilton, and the excursion was waitng for us, which was nice. We didn't see much through the glass bottom, but really enjoyed seeing Bermuda from the water. And the guide was fantastic. His commentary was terrific. My two dd's were 5 and 9 at the time and they enjoyed the boat ride and feeding the fish with stale bread near the sunken wreck. We also did some turtle spotting. It was actually a great introduction to Bermuda. If our kids were older, we might have gone snorkleing, or done something a little more adventurous, but this was a great activity for a family.

• 1 month later...

Archived