Aft deck on the Mariner

SailorKate

We have been assigned to cabin # 6690 for our January cruise. I believe it is not the corner aft cabin but the one next to it on deck 6. It is the only aft cabin available to us. Should I be concerned? Would I be happier with a verandah on the side of the ship? Some negative comments regarding Deck 6 has me concerned:confused: I'd appreciate any help you can give me.

This is our first time on RCCL.

We just returned from the Mariner and had the corner aft on the starboard side (7388) Deck six opens to a big flat area, but never saw any activity there. The crew hangs out beyond that but I never saw more than 4 people, and never had any noise. Can't speak for the view from those rooms, but up one deck was beautiful and I imagine it won't be too much different. The ride was smooth, only rough the first night and we had friends all over the ship that felt the same. I think you will love being aft...we did!

if you dont mind that crew area out your balcony door then you should be fine.

Your cabin is completly covered so I dont think it gets sun back there.

(personally- i love the aft and got my first side one last cruise.. i didnt like it.

But if my choice were deck 6 aft or a balcony on the side-- I;d be taking the one on the side.

We were in 2 of the aft balcony rooms on the 6th level of the Mariner last August (I believe 6690 and the one next to it). We loved it. Big balconies, and the big deck area wasn't a big deal. The only employee I saw was one that was hosing off the deck in the am. From what I remember, the deck is not easily accessible to others and only to employees for cleaning/maintenance. You could climb over your balcony to get back farther for more unobstructed pictures, (Since there are steel beams in the aft section of the boat, but that affects all levels), or probably even tan back there if you wanted.

I personally would keep the aft balcony, its so large and perfectly shaded all day long.

Archived