Excursions in Eastern Caribbean?

cruisin' again

We're booked on the Victory for Oct 29. We just sailed on the Triumph this month and weren't too pleased with some of the excursions we took. Any reviews on the excursions for St. Thomas and St. Maarten??

Yes lots' date=' but not here....

St. Maarten:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=93

St. Thomas:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=133

Although it depends what you like to do, take a cab from the pier and spend the day at the beach (Orient is beautiful). There, you can snorkel ($15 with equipment and travel to the reef provided), parasail ($80pp I think--didn't do it), rent a jet ski ($50pp), or just soak up the sun. Save time for some downtown shopping.

We're booked on the Victory for Oct 29. We just sailed on the Triumph this month and weren't too pleased with some of the excursions we took. Any reviews on the excursions for St. Thomas and St. Maarten??

I would recommend the Horseback riding in St. Maarten. My mother and I did it and it was an experience of a lifetime. Never been horseback riding and I loved it. In St. Thomas we took part in the Journey Through Paradise' date=' we went driving around the island with a very funny tour guide and then stopped at the Cruzan Rum place at the top of some hill...very good photo opp. And try the Banana Daiquiri's there really good. I learned alot about both islands. We mainly took the tour's on the air-conditioned busses and learned alot. If your going to Nassau, Bahamas try the dolphin encounter it was worth the $$. Good luck and have fun![/color']

We leave on Victory for E. Carribbean on May 14th. The only excursion we booked was the Bioluinescent Bay Kayak tour, I will post when we get home and let you know how it went. Not sure what we are doing in St. Maartin, but we rented a car on St. Thomas and will be spending our time at Sapphire Beach.

The America's Cup Regatta in St. Maarten is the top rated excursion in the Caribbean! We did this a couple of years ago and it is fabulous! We drew the Stars and Stripes, and beat True North. They have a job for every activity level from grinder to winch wench to timer to barkeeper.

Here are some of our pictures from that excursion:http://community.webshots.com/album/528943965HpvFnj

Have fun planning!

Hi PineappleGal, we will be in St. Maarten the week of 6/18/06 on the Carnival Valor. I was looking at the horseback riding adventure and I see that you did that. I am taking my 2 teenagers--do you think they will enjoy-they have never ridden before. How long did it take and did you actually take the horse through water? Thanks for the info.

Luvtocruse:)

Hi PineappleGal, we will be in St. Maarten the week of 6/18/06 on the Carnival Valor. I was looking at the horseback riding adventure and I see that you did that. I am taking my 2 teenagers--do you think they will enjoy-they have never ridden before. How long did it take and did you actually take the horse through water? Thanks for the info. Luvtocruse:)

I know I enjoyed myself. I'm a big horse fan and for the first time riding it did hurt but only for a couple of minutes. They actually took us on a path down and around to the beach. The instructor said if you would like to go in the water...(the horses love it) then you can go in, but the horses know what there doing and they love the water. We went into the water up to our hips if your lucky maybe even more. Bring your bathing suit and wear sandals, i know it says sneakers but our sneakers got so wet we had to dry them back on the boat. Also wear shorts or something and bring a towel just to wipe off. They give you comp. water when you get back so enjoy your time at horseback riding. I had fun, if you have any questions post them and I'll go into depth if you need to. I also have pictures if you want me to post them.

• 3 months later...

Archived