Caribbean Princess or Navigator of The Seas??

Nautica1

My wife, my 5.5 yo son (at cruise time) and I are looking at either the Caribbean Princess or Navigator of The Seas for next January 2007.

We can’t decide which one to take. We have been on the Grand Princess (before our son) and the NCL Sun (Jan 2006). We usually get a balcony cabin but are thinking of doing the inside cabin for this cruise. We like the idea of ‘Movies Under the Stars” on the Princess and we have been thinking if we are watching movies on deck at night then we wont even miss the balcony (too much anyway).

Then we look at the Navigator of the Seas and it seems so big and has so much STUFF to do.

On either cruise my son would use the camp – most likely just at dinnertime or occasionally during the day. They both seem pretty solid kids camps.

Any thoughts to help us in our decision?

I can't comment on the Caribbean Princess but I can tell you that the Voyager class (including Navigator) are amazing ships with so much to do. They are great for families with wonderful kids programs, plus there are adults only areas (pool, specialty restaurants) so you can have adults time as well while your son is in the kids club. Whatever you choose though, have a great cruise!

• 2 weeks later...

We were on the Navigator last February. It was myself, dh, dd age7, ds age5 and dd age 3. The ship was amazing and the kids are still talking about their Adventure Ocean Club. They never wanted to leave when we went to pick them up. I'm sure you would be very happy on this ship.

We are actually sailing on the Caribbean Princess this weekend!!! So excited. So I'll be able to say more about this when we return. But...my neighbors just came back with their two daughters ages 11 and 13 and had an incredible time. They kept raving about the food, service, shows, everything.

From what I have gathered reading about each ship, they seem similar in some respects. I don't think you would be making a bad choice with either.

The one thing that I like about the CB is that you actually get to spend three full days on the ship. When we were on the Navigator, there just wasn't enough time to enjoy the ship fully because there were too many port stops for my liking. Just my opinion though.

Have a great time whatever you decide.

Heather C

Hi Heather,

Can you please report when you get back? We are leaving on June 10 on the CB. It is just hubby and I on this trip, DD 9 is staying with Grandma. I would love to know how the kids club is for next trip. We have only sailed Disney so we are excited about trying something new.

Archived