Sitka Excursion?

beljwl

Right now I am booked with HAL for the Sea Otter & Wildlife Quest. I want to see as much wildlife as possible. We are also doing Capt. Larry in Juneau. My question is should I stay with the one booked with the ship or is there a better independent one that I should be taking.

Right now I am booked with HAL for the Sea Otter & Wildlife Quest. I want to see as much wildlife as possible. We are also doing Capt. Larry in Juneau. My question is should I stay with the one booked with the ship or is there a better independent one that I should be taking.

We are doing Sitka's Secrets on May 22. I can tell you more when we return. But from all I have seen they appear to be wonderful. And I know the service is Above and beyond. Check them out! They do the wild life tour just like the above one, but there are a max of 6 on the boat.

We are doing Sitka's Secrets on May 22. I can tell you more when we return. But from all I have seen they appear to be wonderful. And I know the service is Above and beyond. Check them out! They do the wild life tour just like the above one, but there are a max of 6 on the boat.

:D Sitka's Secrets is absolutely wonderful. You are very fortunate to be able to go with Kent and Bev. Kent is extremely knowledgeable, knows where to find special birds including the puffins, is patient when photographing, etc. We did a tour with them last summer and were unable to get others from the cruise ship to go with us...what a mistake they made!!!!

We had FLAT water, a beautiful, sunny day, and saw way more than we could imagine. We ended up in a pod of whales so we got photos of many whale tails with water dripping off the tail (we are from Hawaii so see whales often...this was very special). We could have stayed there the whole time but we wanted to get to St. Lazaria Island to see the puffins and other birds.

Kent had bait so when we saw a bald eagle, he threw the bait out and the eagle swooped down for the bait. What great photos we got of the eagle flying from the tree to the bait, catching the fish, and flying away!!! Photos of a life time!!!

You will absolutely love the tour. Now, hopefully you will have great weather but in any case, Kent is fantastic!!! Take lots of film or compact flash cards! ;)

I know that the independent tours should be better, but we are booked with Allen Marine (through RCI) on the Captain's Choice Beach Trek and Wildlife Search. I think that they only take about 12 people, so should that trip be good as well? Has anyone ever done this tour, and if so, do you think the wildlife viewing opportunities are similar to the independent tours? Thanks for your help!

Archived