New CC site page too large for my screen... help!

Sandy R

Does everyone see each page larger than their screen or is it just me? How do I squish the page so I can see the thread titles as well as how many have posted so far, without having to use the bar at the bottom of the page to move the screen from side to side. I thought I was computer literate but this one has me stumped. Thanks for any input.

Sandy R

I think the banner at the top is what's causing the scrolling. But if you shrink your screen the threads and other stuff should shrink to fit.

I like the new format, but I think the standard font size is too big.

As Largin says, the best way would probably be increase the resolution. This will allow you to see more on your screen at once. I also find adjusting font sizes works for me (especially when using Internet Explorer), but if the forum size (graphics/layout) exceeds your monitor resolution, changing the font size probably won't help.

[quote name='jsea']I think the banner at the top is what's causing the scrolling. But if you shrink your screen the threads and other stuff should shrink to fit.

I like the new format, but I think the standard font size is too big.[/QUOTE]
You could always change the font size on your browser... :)

Pammyhound.. The size of the monitor does not make a difference, it is the video resolution. You are probably using something like 800x600 pixels. You might have to increase the resolution to 1024x768 or 1280x1024.

Wow... thanks for all the suggestion so quickly. Comforting to know others are having the same problem. Shrinking the screen doesn't help at all. I changed the size to 1024X768 and that almost seems to work. Still have some of the page cut off but I can read all the posts. Now I have to see if other sites I go to are to small to read because they were perfect before.

Sandy

Archived