Celebration or Fantasy late Oct???

bayou cruiser

I was on the Celebration last Fall in mid September, so about the same time frame you are looking at. I thought it was a great time to cruise. Kids had only been back in school a short time, so very few were onboard if that makes a difference.

Loved the ship! Big enough to have plenty to do and see, small enough to learn quickly and receive lots of personal attention. The service was top notch! Do the 5 nighter if you can.

Haven't sailed on the Fantasy, but I'm sure the Fantasy fans will rally and respond. Don't think you'd be disappointed in either.

We have sailed on both. The Fantasy as the atrium and the Celebration does not. I expect food to be about equal. The Fantasy should be sailing out of New Orleans and the Celebration out of Jacksonville, so I don't know if port location is a factor. New Orleans is my favorite port because we can drive to it.

Either will be a good time, just remember that the Fantasy is larger. Room sizes will be about the same.

Fantasy is a more glittz ship but that extra day on Celebration is well worth it.

2 Ports and 2 sea days is more like a cruise. However you need to way out several factors biggest being the pool size. It's small on Celebration.

And forget those hot tubs on the Celebration they are joke. Port leaving town should be you final factor if you are driving.

Have been on both but was on Fantasy way back in 94.

Having said that, I would still choose Fantasy over Celebration. Celebration has been our least favorite ship we have been on for many of the same reasons others have said. Not terrible, but just prefer others.

FYI, the week of Oct. 21 is fall break for several school districts in Ga and Jacksonville is an easy drive...

Whichever one you choose, just enjoy it. So much is up to you!

In October the Fantasy will now be back in New Orleans...

or are you actually considering the Sensation, which now does the Bahama's short trip the Fantasy was doing....

The Celebration offers a four and five day trip...

I love the Celebration. In October Risa Barnes will be back as Cruise Director and she keeps the ship rocking!!

Both Celebration and Fantasy/Sensation (sister ships) are smaller and provide more personal service then the big ships do.

I have done the five night Celebration Cruise twice this year, and would love to do it again, but time does not allow.... Key West and Nassu are two great locations if you have never been there. In October the weather will still be great.(We had great tanning weather in January.)

I suspect that no matter which ship you choose, you and the girls are going to have a blast!!

JB

Archived