Booking Onboard Volendam

Bucky3

The only perks these days is you get a small shipboard credit depending on how many days you are cruising.

Last year I waited to book whilst on board the Maasdam in July for the cruise we are doing in September this year and in the meantime the cruise had gone up quite a few hundred dollars, from when it was first shown on the HAL's website which was around May. When we did book, and we are going for 34 days, the shipboard credit did not cover anything like the increase in the fare.

In future, I will book the cruise when I see a good price and not worry about the shipboard credit.

Jennie

Jennie, just the opposite happened to me on board the Veendam last fall. The day before the cruise, I had printed off the cruise I wanted to book, the category and the price. When I called Seattle from the ship, the TA quoted me a price $400 less than what I had printed off. Of course I held my tongue!! Also rec`d a larger cabin credit that what was on the flyer being circulated around the ship. I guess things change on a daily basis.......jean:cool:

Jean,

You were so lucky. When I booked on board, I couldn't even get the cabin I wanted. The Cruise consultant told me that they had all been sold and so I took a lesser cabin. This was only two months from when the bookings had been released. When I transferred my booking to our TA a couple of weeks later she was immediately able to change our cabin to the original one that we had requested.

Now the ship seems to be only a quarter full and we feel that the prices are going to drop drastically as final payment is at the end of June.

I go into HAL's website regularly to check the prices and some category's have dropped but as our category is booked out, the prices have stayed the same.

Jennie

Archived