Question About Johnny Rockets?

tvjj11

Regarding the cover charge...unlike Seaview Cafe, Johnny Rockets is a national Franchise and RCCL must pay a franchise fee for the use of the name. RCCL is simply passing on this franchise fee to the end user as opposed to ALL cruisers (many of which including me would NEVER eat this type of food due to the high fat content).

I was angry at the charge. I gave up though. It was years ago.

I do wish they would give Diamond C&A people unlimited free use of JRs. It wouldn't cost RCI much because I doubt Diamond C&A people would go that often.

boy if I had to worry about $4's when the vacation is costing as much as it is I would worry about me.

Isn't that the truth!

It also goes to show you how much you actually pay for the name for somethings.

Also, if you are that worried about the $4, think of it as cheaper than your regualar trip to your local JR's (just a little more expensive to get there).

The "surcharge" is not a big deal, it's the principle. Seaview Cafe on Brilliance of the Seas doesn't charge a "surcharge". Johnny Rockets and Portofino are absolutely no comparison.

Other ships have Seaview cafes and there isn't a charge for them either. I have been told that at one point JR was free but kids hung out there all day and spoiled it for the rest of us. If you don't want to pay, don't go. Simple idea as I see it.

Diamond members eat at JR's. I've seen a lot of them there. I suspect the ones that don't are probably sick of JR's by the time they get to Diamond. Of course I am not a fan and if you cruise with me I will be more than happy to pass along those coupons to ya'll ;)

Hm, I'd sure like to know what was so offensive about my post that someone had it pulled? I just asked why C&A Diamond members wouldn't eat at JR and gave some possible reasons. I didn't insult anyone, I didn't flame, I didn't use bad language.

beachchick

Have a few simple questions.

Simple questions:

Is JR the only place on the ship that serves a hamburger or can one obtain a hamburger at another food counter? If so, where?

Is the JR hamburger a large hamburger on a large special bun or just a regular sized hamburger on the normal backyard barbecue hamburger size bun?

I don't like JR's. I've said it before. Greasy. BUT everyone should try it one time and form their own opinion. If I had not I would have felt I was missing something. There are people who sail RCI over other lines for those things. Are they good enough for line loyalty? Not to this little biege duck, but some people wax on about them like they're manna from heaven. I don't get it, but that's not my choice to make.

If you have not been there try it one time.

You forget the great malts! We make at least 1 trip to JR's every cruise just for the fries, rings and malts. There burger was pretty good, kind of like steak & shake. The chili dog was really good and a change from the other meals onboard.

Archived