I NEED help......where do I start?

cruzrgrl

I've been reading through these posts and applaud all of you for your efforts. The quote below was the best one that I have read under this particular thread. Jammie is right on with her approach to loosing unwanted weight. Keeping a constant supply of calories to the body helps keep your metabolism up. There are many websites that list the types of foods that are best for kick starting your body in the morning. I would also suggest some form of resistance training in addition to any diet that you are doing. Muscle and muscle development burns more calories during your day than 30 minutes of walking. You don't need a gym, just simple household items, soup cans, books, a back pack, etc... I wish all of you good luck on your road to success.

I am 18 weeks, 5 days, and 36 pounds away from my first cruise. Mom and I are having a "Who's the Biggest Looser" contest. Each doing our own "diet" plan and weighing in every 5 weeks. The "Biggest Looser" gets a new pair of shoes, pedicure, new outfit for the cruise at the the "non-looser's" expense.

I have chosen the 6 week body make-over as my weapon of choice. TONS & TONS & TONS of water and 5-6 mini meals. I have found that if I cook chicken & fish on the grill, steam brocolli, prepare salad greens, etc. on Sunday and portion them out (with my handy-dandy cheap kitchen scale from WalMart) in little snack size baggies it makes the mini-meals a lot easier. I also set my cell phone to ring every 2.5 - 3 hours to remind me to eat. I even use the calendar function in Outlook. I have a reoccuring message that pops up on my computer screen "Take a Drink of Water - NOW." It sounds silly but whatever works. Some days it is tougher than other days but I just had to make a promise to myself.

I think I can, I think I can, I think I can...

Happy Loosing!

Jammie

Or better yet, get a nutrition assistant for a one time fee of only $29.95 at www.nutritionassistant.com. It will count the calories for you every day.

Good ideas, but when your on a budget every penny counts. My daughter found this sight that does the same thing for free. Hope it helps! http://www.caloriesperhour.com/

Archived