Car Hire at Port Everglades

Taf

Can anybody tell me if I can drop off a hire car at Port Everglades and arrange to rent from there again after my cruise? I can find locations for Ft Lauderdale Airport but not the cruise port. Which hire companies operate from there, if any? - thanks.

Can anybody tell me if I can drop off a hire car at Port Everglades and arrange to rent from there again after my cruise? I can find locations for Ft Lauderdale Airport but not the cruise port. Which hire companies operate from there, if any? - thanks.

Hi Tracey, We flew into West Palm Beach and rented a car for the 42 mile drive to Fort Lauderdale. Most rental car agencies are located at the airports, that's where most of their customers are. We used a free hotel shuttle (Sleep Inn/Dania Beach) and were unaware of the free shuttle provided by the rental car companies. After our cruise we were going to rent a taxi back to the FLL airport to get our rental car. As we walked out of the Port terminal, I saw a rental car shuttle bus drive past. We rolled our luggage down the sidewalk to the shuttle bus stop and caught the next free shuttle to the airport. Please be advised that in the thread mentioned above, some people were confusing the shuttles provided by Costa with the Airport Rental Car shuttle. The Costa shuttles are fraught with delay but the shuttles I'm talking about, from my experience were both free and fast. The airport and Port are not far apart, you can get a taxi either way for about $15 if you're in a hurry. So, to answer your question if you can drop the car at the Port, no.

The Costa shuttles are fraught with delay

UGH NO KIDDING! that was THE WORST part about our cruise! (well besides finding the used ummm, 'latex protectant' under my bed)

the costa chartered bus from disembarking to FLL, we sat one hour on the bus while they waited for it to fill up. now i understand waiting to fill up would be maximum efficiency but jeeze oh pete in one hour you could make like 3 trips from port to FLL. i blamed the bus driver, my dad blamed costa. i didnt care to much i really didn't want to leave to go home :)

Thanks Jim, Thanks Mondello!

I didn`t realise that FLL was so close to the port. I`ll make sure we book with one of the major car hire companies and try and use their shuttles, otherwise a taxi. I`ll have to book in advance though because it`ll be high season and we`ll need an 8 seater (7 seats for the people and the eighth for mother in laws luggage - the lady doesn`t travel light!!!):D

Archived