port canaveral area hotels/motels

maynovmom

I am looking for a clean and decent but not pricey hotel/motel in the Port Canaveral area. We'll need 1-2 rooms and don't need a shuttle to the port since we have a rental car already. This is for next April but any help now would be great. I know the Radisson is a lot of people's choice but we prefer something less expensive for the one night. Any suggestions?

I am looking for a clean and decent but not pricey hotel/motel in the Port Canaveral area. We'll need 1-2 rooms and don't need a shuttle to the port since we have a rental car already. This is for next April but any help now would be great. I know the Radisson is a lot of people's choice but we prefer something less expensive for the one night. Any suggestions?

You should check the hotel board lots of info there

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=92

We stayed at the Raddison and thought it was really nice and clean and actually got a very reasonable rate. But we had checked into a number of the other hotels while we were in the area if we ever went back and both the Hampton Inn and Best Western (only if you book the new tower!) looked nice and had lower rates.

Hope that helps.

Thanks I just booked the Marriot Residence Inn for a reasonable 1 bedroom suite incl breakfast and near we are leaving off our rental car precruise. We prefer the suite with two teens coming! Thanks for your help irishnewfie!

just remember, if your driving, deduct the cost of parking at the pier, because the Raddison is going to keep your car at no extra charge for the duration.

This fact has got us staying at the Raddison each time in a jacuzzi room no less.

In case this matters,

jt:)

• 2 weeks later...

Host Terry - see you suggested La Quinta Inn - we stayed at a LaQuinta in Orlando and it was fine. Older hotel but very clean and service was excellent as well as breakfast the next morning. LaQuinta in CB has a $99 rate which includes breakfast. How far of a walk to the beach? Also, if I remember correctly, it's across the street on A1A?? How close to Ron Jon's?

Host Terry - see you suggested La Quinta Inn - we stayed at a LaQuinta in Orlando and it was fine. Older hotel but very clean and service was excellent as well as breakfast the next morning. LaQuinta in CB has a $99 rate which includes breakfast. How far of a walk to the beach? Also, if I remember correctly, it's across the street on A1A?? How close to Ron Jon's?

Yes, an older hotel originally owned by the original Astronauts! Nice pool area.

Not on the Beach

Ron Jon's is a couple of miles down the street

Archived