back from 4/24 Enchantment

What a great crew! Heatwave is a fun pool band. Too bad the dance floor is so far away from the band. It's a strange pool deck, with a non working fountain taking up a lot of space and the pool directly in front of the stage. We saw the band get a soaking from the dive bombing kids (who were EVERYWHERE) and they had to stop playing to dry their instruments. Too many drunk teenagers throwing up in the pool too.

No bottles of shampoo or body lotion in the Junior Suites anymore. Try to use your drink coupon for return cruisers. (buy one, get one free) Good luck! You get a differant rule for their use from every bar tender or server. Boleros had some wonderful servers.

The cruise had some great moments.

The cruise date started the day after Easter so I figured spring break was over. How long is it? March, April and now it goes into May? We cruised in Jan of 2005 and experienced dive bombing kids then too. Maybe RCL is more family oriented than for empty nesters.

These weren't college kids. 15 to 17 year olds. I got mowed down on the stairs while they were chasing each other. These were teenagers traveling with their parents. They were served alcoholic beverages. We even saw them being served in Cozumel.

Beary sweet 2 cruise. The food was very good.

Great cruise moments, fun tablemates with a very fine and fun wait staff.

OK...you say the cruise date started the day after Easter (Sunday April 16th). I was on the cruise that left on Sat. April 15th adn returned to Ft. Lauderdale April 20th. How is it that you were on it the day after Easter on the 24th?

I thought I was in the thick of things as far a Spring Break goes and really saw nothing of the sorts. Actually the worst behavior I saw was from a dunk woman in her wedding dress who should have known better. A lot of kids but MOST of them were well behaved.

J

Schools will try to give their spring break the week before or week after Easter. College spring break is generally after a 9 or so weeks of the spring semester. But, it is safe to assume in March and April, somewhere it is spring break.

Jthegreat

Oops, you're right. Easter Sunday was April 16. We started our vacation on April 17 and the cruise didn't start until the 24th. (when I posted I was suffering from post cruise confusion) We went to the Everglads and then to Sanibel Island. We liked Captiva even more.

Yes, they were high school kids but I don't really want to start a debate on this. That's their parents responsibility who couldn't find their kids that were out all night.

This was a 5 night cruise which included Cozumel and Belize. Cozumel is hurting. We have spent several land vacations there over the years and it was in years past such a thriving destination. Make it a point to spend some money there and not just at the port shops. We noticed they have lowered their prices on so many things. You can get some great deals there and they would welcome the business. There were 5 cruise ships in port that day and hardly anyone in the shops. I would attribute a lot of that due to the extremely hot day. The water there is absolutely crystal clear and the most wonderful swim of the vacation. We went to a small beach they have fixed up close to Chankanaab. There were lounge chairs, some umbrellas, showers. They charged to get in but it came with free drinks or beer (or non alcohol drinks) and what's left will help finance the restoration of Chankanaab. There was a sign saying Chankanaab would reopen in 60 days.

Premiumrican, some of the servers or bartenders would not honor the coupon (why, I don't know) and some would. It seemed they didn't like the idea of serving two drinks and afraid they would only get a tip from one drink. The two servers who honored our 2 coupons were tipped generously. More than they would have gotten from the tip from 2 drinks. It shouldn't have been debatable. The 10% off coupon for the spa was used with ease.

The coupons were "returnee" perks booklet found in the cabin upon arrival.

The comedian the first night was good but we missed the other shows because we were running from bar to bar. My husband was determined to get a "free" drink no matter what it cost him. We wound up paying for 2 martinis, 2 vodka over the rocks before we FINALLY got a buy one/get one free like the coupon offers.

(I see there's a thread on this, glad we aren't the ONLY ones.

Archived