Extra-cost items, Drinks, Familes.

mrcruzer

How is Celebrity Cruises with Extra-cost items. We just sailed Princess and were very annoyed with being charged for every little thing it seemed.

Do Celebrity offer drink cards/soda/pop packages?

How are they for families?

Celebrity soda cards are more expensive than on Princess, I'm pretty sure Princess has the cheapest Coke cards out there.

Celebrity does have lemonade and fruit punch available for free, pretty much 24/7 (or did when I last sailed on them), which Princess doesn't have.

Otherwise, most lines charge similar for extras.

We just came back after a 2 week cruise, and they are doing the nickle and dime dance.

Yoga $10

Spin Cycles $10 (they remove the seats so you cannot use them)

Wine prices....up at least $2 per glass

Computer Class $20

Don't drink soft drinks, but they do have a soda card.

Pictures.....prices were very high

Internet 75 cents per minute. Lowest is 45 cents for a large package

Hair Cut $62

Just to name a few.

It seams that the nickle and dime dance is here to stay, so I've been spending the last 6 months trying to figure out a way to keep it down to a minimum.

We got the soda card for all 4 of us on the Infinity for 14 days and it was well over $200 for the 4 of us. I've been tryin to figure out a way to lower that. 1 soda a day, with a $25 credit given to kids in gift shop works out to about the same. I have given up Caffine, because it keeps me up at night, so it may be that I might skip the soda card next time.

My kids actually like the juice and tea, but its still not the same as a Sprite!!!

Maybe we'll to do soda cards, two not next time.

PS, sometimes if your are ordering drinks at the bar, the tender will comp you a club soda or a diet coke to help keep you hydrated, but this is proably not an official practice.

club soda's never been free in my 3 1/2 years of X cruising but if you order by the glass, it's $1.25 as of our Galaxy cruise 4/1/06-4/13/06. (Can is $1.95) I try to keep beverage costs as low as possible -- ice water like crazy -- at dinner too -- saves calories as well as $ -- our son likes the lemonade, punch, and pass-o-guava -- my hub gets a nightly martini and that constitutes most of our beverage budget. If you really can't live without soda pop, depending where you're cruising, buy some ashore -- in the Caribbean, remember, it's usually soda pop with real SUGAR, not HFCS, which tastes SO! MUCH! BETTER! Otherwise ... I understand some lines charge for ice cream .. it's free on X ... TR

Archived