Mercury Captain

bckay1

As of two days ago the Mercury officers and staff were:

Captain Periklis Petridis

Hotel Director: Beatrice Moins

Staff Captain: Konstantinos Nikolis

Cruise Director: Stuart Turnbill

Captains Club Hostess:Delia Faria

Wow...maybe an interesting development. I don't have a definative answer for you, but our recollection is the Captain on the infamous March 17th cruise had a long last name beginning with S. I hope someone else can answer with authority. If our Captain was relieved for cause, I can't say I'd be surprised. He was both ineffective and invisible during the crisis on our sailing, IMO. When he'd give his daily update of our location, weather, etc., for the most part he seemed to skip right over the details and information relating to how his ship had turned into a war zone. It was almost as if he didn't mention it we wouldn't notice.....very bizarre.

Nan

I was also on the March 17 trip and can't remember his name either. Of course, he was being invisible that cruise! No invites to the Captain's table and only very brief noon announcements giving weather and position. I'm not sure anyone saw him at all!!

... just a few weeks ago, Captain Petridis was the Galaxy captain on our 4/1-4/13 cruise from Galveston. So if he switched to Mercury, it was since then. I know he also was on Mercury last fall in the Pacific Northwest -- how often do captains usually change out? -- TR

Although he was seen only at a few functions, the Captain on the ill fated 3-27-06 cruise was Anastassios P. Salessiotis.

Dru Pavlov, the CD got off at the end of the cruise on 4-7-06.

Hmmmmm?????

Our Chief Engineer left on April 19th at Cabo. He was scheduled to go home for a vacation. I did hear that Captain P came back to the Mercury on my sailing. He also was invisible but ate at the Captains table two nights.

One of our table mates was quarantined for two days and the Captain called him personally. On most of my Celebrity crusies the Captains are not around much. On HAL, you always see them.

Cindy G....Thanks. Salessiotis is, indeed, the long name beginning with "S" we couldn't come up with. It would be interesting to know the circumstances of his departure. The explanation could be as simple as normal rotation. Have to admit I'm curious. As for Dru Pavlov, we were aware he would be moving over to the Millie soon after our 3/17 trip. He was terrific.

Nan

Archived