Room Service Question

sunryz710

Dawn, first thing I do when I wake up each day is to call room service for "coffee for one" and a croissant. They always bring a full carafe of coffee and two cups....;) I think if you order hot tea, they'll send a carafe of hot water and tea bags. Be sure and ask them to send whatever you want - sugar, cream, lemon?

Please remember to order your condiments...not only for the coffe--tea, sugar, creamsers-

but when ordering sandwiches- state if you want pretzels or chips, mustard, mayo.==etc.

I like a bigger cup of coffee so I take my own insulated mug. The cups they give you are very small-- two sips and gone.

Do you have to call them? On Princess... you put out your request the night before and leave it hanging from the door. Is it preferrable to call a few hours before? What is the turn around time?

Do you have to call them? On Princess... you put out your request the night before and leave it hanging from the door. Is it preferrable to call a few hours before? What is the turn around time?
Here is a link to the room service menu and at the bottom is a link to the door tag that okiegirl mentioned:

http://bergertravels.com/RoomServiceMenu.html

John

You can either call or put out the pre-order form on your door the night before, stating the time you would like delivery. I always just called them as soon as I got up in the morning and asked for a pot of coffee with cream and sugar. It always arrived within 10 minutes or so. Don't forget to tip the delivery person a buck or two. :)

I always put my order out on the door tag the night before. It's a good backup to your alarm on port days. They allow you to give a time window for your delivery and we've always gotten our food within the time we requested.

There is no charge for the room service, correct? But, you do "tip" the delivery person? What would an average tip be, and do you just give that in cash money?
Yes, you tip the person that delivers the room service. Most people tip between $1 or $2 per person depending on how much you order. And yes, the tips would be in cash so bring a stash of $1 bills for tips.

John

We've attempted room service twice and have been disappointed both times, unfortunately. The first time we placed an order for breakfast (by phone) the order never showed up. The second time we placed an order for lunch (by phone) our sandwhich took apprx. 2.5 hours to show up. :( Each order was on different ships (both Carnival). We found it was quicker for us to take turns walking up and getting something to bring back to the room. Maybe we will give room service a try again on our Alaskan cruise - 3rd times a charm right?

I don't by any means want to start a tipping war, but the thought of tipping $2.00 for a cup of coffee seems excessive to me. That's just about what it cost in a restaurant for the whole pot with refills. I haven't tipped anywhere near that for coffee or tea in the morning.

I don't by any means want to start a tipping war, but the thought of tipping $2.00 for a cup of coffee seems excessive to me. That's just about what it cost in a restaurant for the whole pot with refills. I haven't tipped anywhere near that for coffee or tea in the morning.

I wasn't suggested $2 for just coffee. It depends on how much you order. Order three coffees, some juice, fruit plate & cereal w/milk, and $2 would certainly be in order.

Archived