Florida Resident Discounts

My daughter is now going to college in FL. I've always heard that there are great discounts for FL residents. My son and I will be visiting her in July and we're thinking of going on a 3-4 day cruise while we are there. I've done some searching on the Internet but haven't had much luck.

Does anyone know of any specific web sites or agencies that advertise FL resident specials. We really want to go on RCCL and I'm looking at the Sovereign of the Seas July 3rd sailing.

Any hints or advice welcomed.

Thanks.

Susie

My daughter is now going to college in FL. I've always heard that there are great discounts for FL residents. My son and I will be visiting her in July and we're thinking of going on a 3-4 day cruise while we are there. I've done some searching on the Internet but haven't had much luck.

Does anyone know of any specific web sites or agencies that advertise FL resident specials. We really want to go on RCCL and I'm looking at the Sovereign of the Seas July 3rd sailing.

Any hints or advice welcomed.

Thanks.

Susie

I live in Fla and always cruise RCCL. We have never had a florida discount.I have never seen an existance of any. RCCL sets the prices, and they are what they are.. I hear some TA can get deals, but still the prices are set as they are. Sovereign is a great ship.. Hope you go on her, it is fabulous. Will be back on it in September.

Thanks for your response. I was just in Ocala last week.

We've been on the Sovereign two other times and I enjoyed it both times. We weren't originally planning to cruise but this is the only ship/sailing that we would be able to fit in with our existing air reservations.

Thanks again - enjoy your sailing in September!

Susie

I live in Florida too.. and rarely find Florida Resident rates. Also remember, even if you do find them, the resident has to be traveling with you (photo ID). Disney runs Florida res rates at certain times of the year, but I can promise you, it is NOT in July. These FL res rates are usually months like May, Sept, Jan.

RCI runs regional specials for people from other states. You're more likely to get that frankly. But again... probably not in July. Nice thought... not likely! :cool:

Thanks to all of you who responded. I've gone ahead and booked the cruise now. I realized it was a long shot but would have hate to missed out on a discount if one was available.

Thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to say in agreement with the others...Sovereign of the Seas is a great ship- very nice staff! We've sailed it twice (first on its Inaugural year (when I was a kid) and many years later on my engagement cruise. Both trips were wonderful. You should have a blast!

Guest YesitDonna

I just put a cabin on hold today. When I called the TA he asked hwere I lived. I said I live in Boston but my friend that would be going lives in Florida. He said... oh good I can get you the Florida resident rate. It was for Carnival Inspiration if you were wondering, June 5th

• 3 weeks later...

I just called Carnival about an hour ago to check on the rates that I had booked with my online TA. I told them I lived in Florida and they did not offer me anything different than what was already online for Miracle. Just as a note I live in Tampa which is where the ships departure ports is at.

I live in Florida and see specials for Florida residents in the Sunday papers or in the local mall. They are usually in September (hurricane season) and the 3- 4-dayers from Carnival. I believe the saving is about $50 or so.

Archived