Recent Spirit Passenger-Formal Nights

dothow

Need your help.

We are going on the Spirit in August. How many formal nights are there and what percent of the passengers dress up (Long Dresses, Tea length dresses,cocktail dresses, suits for men or tuxs)?

We were on the Dawn several years ago and people still dressed up on formal night. But, we know alot of people are getting away from the formal nights as they used to be. Would like to hear from some of you who have recently cruised on the Spirit

Thanks!

dothow

Baltimore, MD

Norway

Seward

Majesty

Sea

Star

Dawn

How many formal nights are there and what percent of the passengers dress up (Long Dresses, Tea length dresses,cocktail dresses, suits for men or tuxs)?

My experience of how many dress up on optional formal night varies with the cruise itinerary and homeport. I've seen less than 25%, up to 33%. Which isn't bad for an "optional" formal night. On the Carnival Conquest in January, less than half dressed up, for the two formal nights, 'cause the cafeteria/buffet was very busy with passengers in casual clothes.

We just got back from sailing on the Dream. Dress on formal night was everything from fancy gowns to capris and a nice top. There were not many evening dresses and I did not see one tux! I wore a pretty black jersey knit top with matching skirt and heels with some bold costume jewelry. I felt perfectly dressed. The DH wore his suit and tie but could have gotten aways with a collared shirt and docker-type pants which a lot of men were wearing. Our 10 1/2 yr. old DS wore a collared shirt and tie on formal night and dropped the tie on other nights.

Archived