Review Grand Cayman- Nativeway

bellazoemom

I will just clip from my whole review on the Miracle:

Day 3, Tuesday:

Grand Cayman

Today was pretty great. We book a tour (Rays, Reef and Rum Point) through Nativeway. The only warning I have is if you really want a tiny group, this may not be for you. When I called to book I confirmed with Sharon what the website said, no more than 20 people in your group. She said that every once in a while they might have an extra person because a family member wants to go with a group already booked, but that was IT. Wellllllll….there were 34 (THIRTY FOUR) people in our group. Including 6 kids (I had my kids at camp). The tour guide guy kept having to ask the kids to sit down, be quiet (while he was giving instruction or information)..it was kind of annoying. Overall ..this day was great, but the size and kids was not what I expected and in the beginning, when we were all cramming on their little van, I was aggrevated. Anyhow. They met us at the port and we walked a small walk to their bus/van. We then drove to the marina, about 15minutes where we boarded My Way. It easily fit us all. We rode out to Stingray city. I can’t say enough about this place. I live in Florida, have had interaction with rays at the beach, petted them at seaworld..etc. I was not looking fwd to this part. I thought it would be boring. I LOVED IT. MY HUSBAND LOVED IT. You go out to a sandbar in the middle of the ocean and there are rays everywhere. Not the tiny grey ones you are used to seeing on the Florida beaches. HUGE, black, beautiful rays. You don’t have to worry about shuffling your feet. You can plainly see them in the crystal clear water. The guide caught one for all of us to see, hold and kiss. They were amazing and the location was equally amazing. My DH and I snorkeled around, petting and feeding the rays and just taking in the beautiful water. We got a ray massage from our guide. It was really nice. We got back on the boat and some wet guy sat in the seat we were in and got our dry things soaking wet and when I tried to get my stuff from under him, he was kind of a jerk. Owell…there is always one, right? Then we went to the reef. The reef was pretty nice. It took forever for everyone to get into the water and once they did, a few inexperienced snorklers kicked my DH with their fins. They were kicking so hard they were splashing around scaring things off. One of our guides got in the water and lured out a huge moray eel. Probably 10 feet long. It went right up to a woman, mouth open, like it was going to bite her leg, then the guide lured it away with food. Kind of freaked me out. I did enjoy the reef, but I don’t think it was as pretty as ones I’ve been to in the keys. We then went to Rum Point. Beautiful place. It was a little busy, well, busier than I expected, but really beautiful. I am always on a quest for beautiful water. This was so clear and you could walk so far out. Really nice. We had already ordered on the boat and they had our food waiting. We had conch fritters (they were very good here) and a blackened Maui sandwich. Food was pretty yummy. We decided to order drinks. Beer was not too expensive but girly drinks were SO EXPENSIVE. The board said the fruity drink I ordered was $7.50 but that is in Cayman, once translated, it was a $9.50 drink! It was in a small plastic cup and not worth more than a few bucks so I recommend sticking to the stingray beer. Also, they will not give you change in US dollars, so bring small bills. Next round we both had a beer. We ate lunch and then sat in the ocean. It was a great place to spend a day and I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a quiet day on a pretty beach. After we left the videographer with us offered us the video of our trip. We declined. If we had our kids with us, we would probably get it…but I didn’t want to spend $60 to see myself in a bathing suit, waving at a camera. (He kept asking us to wave at his camera, lol). Anyway, the trip back to the marina we decided to sit on the top of the boat. The guide was very sweet. A little girl asked him who Bob Marley was (the guides were wearing BM shirts). He said that BM lives in all of us. It was very sweet. I really did like the guides a lot. Especially the main guy whose name I can not remember. After we got off, he had a bunch of conch shells on the dock and gave each child one, he heard me talking about my kids earlier, when I got off the boat, he handed me one for them. They were very nice. Overall, great day and I would recommend Nativeway to others.

Archived