Parasailing

ngl116

I'm sending my parents on a 4 day cruise in November for their 25th wedding anniversary and they want to parasail in Cozumel. Can anyone recommend a trustworthy operation to do this? Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks!

I am not sure of the name of the company but they worked out of paradise beach and one other beach just south of paradise. paradise beach tom will know who these folks are. Equipment was in great shape and they did a good job of getting you ready.

I'm not sure if we used this same outfit in March but there's a good chance it was. We were at Paradise beach and they were right next to it. I don't know if they were on the south side or not but if you are facing the water, they were to the right. I think they also work out of Playa Mia because we first boarded a small boat that took us to Playa Mia and then we got on the big boat. We waited a bit for some people from Playa Mia and then we were off. We went first and I thought we'd have to wait for everyone to go before we would be taken back to shore but we didn't. They were very fast and efficient getting us ready to go and their equipment seemed fine. I never felt unsafe. After we were done we only waited for one more person to go and then a small boat came out to meet us and took us back to shore.

I paid $55 dollars for myself. Not sure if they give a price break for multiple people. I thought it was a little expensive for the amount of time but it was something I wanted to experience and really enjoyed it.

Your parents will need to take a taxi to paradise beach from the cruise ship pier. Taxi was $12 dollars for up to four people. Alot of the times you can find someone who is also going to paradise beach and split the cab fare. There is no entrance fee to Paradise Beach which has alot of beach umbrellas and chairs if your parents would like to relax for awhile. Nice White coral beach.

Heidiho - These were the same folks I went with. They picked me up in the smaller boat with a couple from Playa Mia beach and then took us out together.

We paid $55.00 pp too. We haven't been to Mexico for 19 years and afterwords I realized that we probably could have bargained, especially since my daughter and I went tandem. My son went alone. Oh well, live and learn. Besides, they could probably really use our tourist dollar there right now.

Did you have to pre-book this or just show up at Paradise Beach? How many minutes did you actually get to parasail?

No, we didn't pre book. We just walked up to them and they took us out. I suggest going as soon as you get to the beach. It gets crowded later so I imagine that the wait to parasail gets longer. Each person probably got about 10-15 minutes in the air.

Thanks, HeidiHo. This sounds like a better deal than Royal Caribbeans parasailing at Labadee. I think this is what I need to do in Cozumel since the snorkeling would probably be disappointing this year. :(

Rondo

Archived