Anyone ever stay at the Intercontinental Downtown Miami?

lmstic

I was reading these boards and wanted to see how priceline worked. I bid $100 for a 4 star hotel in downtown Miami (for January 2007). I was surprised when my bid was accepted! They booked me in the Intercontinental. Is there anyone who has stayed there and can answer a couple of questions for me?

1. What is in walking distance? Is there restaurants, package stores, grocery stores?

2. I see that it is only .5 miles from the Port of Miami. Is it a walkable distance or is a cab ride neccessary?

Thanks!

I was reading these boards and wanted to see how priceline worked. I bid $100 for a 4 star hotel in downtown Miami (for January 2007). I was surprised when my bid was accepted! They booked me in the Intercontinental. Is there anyone who has stayed there and can answer a couple of questions for me?

1. What is in walking distance? Is there restaurants, package stores, grocery stores?

2. I see that it is only .5 miles from the Port of Miami. Is it a walkable distance or is a cab ride neccessary?

Thanks!

Intercontinental is very nice hotel with great pool. It is very close to Bayside Marketplace. It has many shops and restaurants. Bayside Marketplace is also a great place to go to breakfast. Check out their website baysidemarketplace.com. You will definitely need a cab to the pier.

I think that .5 miles from the hotel to the port is IF you could walk across the water! We stayed there (Intercontinental) last July. Very nice. It only takes@5 minutes to get there by taxi..you have to go over a big bridge to get to the cruise ship port.(At least that is how our taxi took us there! We could see Bayside and the RCCL bldg. and cruise ship out of our room window.

Thanks for your replys. I thought that the .5 miles from the pier looked suspect from a map and it does look like it was measured from accross the water!

:D :D We stayed there last Sept., we also bid through priceline and got the Intercontinental for 75.00. We liked the Intercontinental, it was comfortable,clean and valet that helped with our luggage dug up a couple of extra bottles of coke, that way we did not get charged for what was in the mini bar and we mixed our own drinks. And they do have a nice restaurant, we ate there for breakfast, buffet style, it was about 12. a little pricey but not bad. We walked to Bayside marketplace along the shore. We got a couple of drinks from Hardrock Cafe, Hurricanes. I was feeling pretty good when I left from there. And then we went to Bubba Gumps for something to eat and a couple of more drinks, and now I am feeling really good. And then we walked around the market place that was pretty cool, they had outdoor shops and music that you can listen too and little open bars around the area. We stopped for a mojito, by then it was time to go back to the hotel, but instead of walking they had horse drawn carriages going up and down the strip, so we hopped on one to take us back to the Intercontinental, now that was way cool. That I think cost us 20. but I think we added to the amount of what it actually cost. You tell the valet you need a taxi and he will arrange that and load up the taxi for you, now that is service. That is what I have on the Intercontinental. Baz

Thanks BAZ. I was wondering if there is any place near there to buy bottled water and or champagne. My daughter and sister drink gallons of it and Iwanted to pick upsome tobring on the ship. The champagne is for the celebration we plan on having for our parents 50th anniversary. I called carnival last week to see what we could do and they told me that each adult is allowed to bring on 1 bottle of wine/champagne. We would like to buy it there and not carry them with us from CT. Thanks. By the way, how much was the taxi to the port. The 8 of us from CTneed to get from the hotel to the port with I imagine LOTS of luggage.

Thanks BAZ. I was wondering if there is any place near there to buy bottled water and or champagne. My daughter and sister drink gallons of it and Iwanted to pick upsome tobring on the ship. The champagne is for the celebration we plan on having for our parents 50th anniversary. I called carnival last week to see what we could do and they told me that each adult is allowed to bring on 1 bottle of wine/champagne. We would like to buy it there and not carry them with us from CT. Thanks. By the way, how much was the taxi to the port. The 8 of us from CTneed to get from the hotel to the port with I imagine LOTS of luggage.

From what I recall it wasn't too much, I think maybe about 12.00, I will ask my husband when he comes home, he paid:D

$12 is about right for the taxi. Hotel may have a larger shuttle and for the right $$$$ may take you all together. I think there are minivan cabs, so that will help.

Hotel will surely know where you can buy water/champagne. It's adjacent to downtown, but there must be a liquor store somewhere.

You got a great deal on the hotel. What date are you staying?

• 6 months later...

Hi, we are cruising Triumph Jan 13 too. Does your hotel include shuttle from the air port? We haven't booked a hotel yet and we are also coming in Jan 12 and there is 9 of us. Right now i'm looking at the Marriot for $157, they allow 5 people in 1 room and include shuttle from the air port. We have to get a private shuttle to get to the pier for $10 pp

We were there in October. There is a Walgreen's about two blocks away and a liquor store that is across the street and up about half a block. I felt safe enough walking with our small group during the day but it got a little scary as it got dark. We bought champagne, sodas and water there to take on board. There is also a Starbucks in the same general direction that we went to for a light breakfast. The hotel staff was very helpful with directions and suggestions when we asked. We also walked to Bayside...it's a short walk and you can walk along the water and we felt perfectly safe walking back late at night.

Archived