What type of new comforter?

rickdeni

We were on the Sun in April and just loved the comforter. Can anyone tell me if it was down and if there is anywhere where I can purchase one. My husband and I just loved it and we never agree on anything. I am always hot and he is always cold yet we both loved the comforter.

We had a comforter like you described in March when we stayed at the Hilton the night before our cruise. I would love to know where to purchase a comforter like that, and also the pillows! They were very soft. It was like sleeping on a cloud. Hotels never used to be like that. I love the change!

I agree they were very nice. And I recently stayed at a Hilton and it was also pretty similiar. When I returned from my Princess cruise - I was curious was the thread count was (and the responses were all over the place) on the sheets.

If you can find someone who has stayed in Princess's suite/minisuite and also on Holland America and can compare the two - if they are similiar, Holland America sells their sheets on their website:

http://www.shophollandamerica.com/

Holland America also sells their beds on their website (which I hear are very nice). All I can say is that it is probably good that Princess is not wasting their time selling their uncomfortable beds online - it would be a disaster!

Good luck in your search!

They are down comforters encased in a Duvet (Pillowcase for comforters)....

I just purchased mine from J.C.Penneys for half the price Holland America is asking.

It is soooooo nice. We just love it. They also have the sheets. They are Egyption cotton.

Stayed in a Sapphire Princess mini-suite in March and looked at the tag cause I'm allergic to down... it's a polyester fill. I thought it was rather heavy but DH really enjoyed it.

So does Carnival:

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/static_templates/promos/carnival_comfort_bed.aspx

I find it sad that Princess doesn't follow suit. On the Miracle in 2004, we had the high thread count sheets and the hypoallergenic down duvet in a regular balcony cabin (Cat. 8A). I'm always amazed when reading the "I will never sail Carnival again" reviews but, then I come to the Princess board and read how terribly uncomfortable the beds are and see the pics of those antiquated flowered bedspreads. Our bed on the Miracle, imho, was almost as comfortable as the Westin Heavenly Beds.

I'm a stickler for high end bedding....keeping fingers crossed that the Crown will provide....yes, we have a mini suite.;)

If you can find someone who has stayed in Princess's suite/minisuite and also on Holland America and can compare the two - if they are similiar, Holland America sells their sheets on their website:

http://www.shophollandamerica.com/

Holland America also sells their beds on their website (which I hear are very nice). All I can say is that it is probably good that Princess is not wasting their time selling their uncomfortable beds online - it would be a disaster!

I'm wondering if the bedding you purchased from JC Penneys is their brand or not? Is the comforter light weight? I'm also looking for some new pillows. I like soft and very light. I get nervous about spending a lot of money in case I don't like them. I don't imagine that they are returnable! I'm also wondering what brand the bedding was. Thank-you so much for sharing!

We had the minisuite on the Sun and the comforter was very light - not heavy at all. I am sorry I did not check the content of the comforter but I think it was down. I checked J. C. Penney and the one I saw was heavy.

This is the link for the ones that Carnival uses. Since I am allergic to down, I had them removed from our cabin, so can't give you a review of them but someone on the Carnival board could.

http://www.carnivalcomfortbed.com/

From their FAQ page:

Q: What is your return policy? back

A: Return Policy We are proud of the Carnival Comfort Bed collection and want you to be perfectly satisfied with your purchase. All Carnival bedding products are guaranteed. If you are not satisfied for any reason, we will gladly provide a merchandise refund for your order within 30 days of receipt. A refund or exchange will be made to the purchaser upon request. Please note that mattresses and pillows are not returnable. Other unopened bedding products can be returned within 30 days of receipt. Returns to Our Processing Center Items being returned require a Returned Goods Authorization (RGA) number. The RGA number can be obtained by calling the In Room Retail Services Customer Service Department at 866-469-3805 or via fax at 866-469-3806. For items being sent to our Returns department, please be sure to ship your item by insured, traceable mail. This service is offered by USPS, UPS, FedEx and other carriers. Please include a note with your address and daytime phone number along with your instructions and a copy of your order confirmation or packing slip, and sent to: In Room Retail Services Carnival Bedding Return Processing Center 2 Foster Ave. Gibbsboro, NJ 08026

Archived