Conquest Shore Excursions

KK41

Can anyone offer any "safe" excursion ideas for a mom and daughter to do while on Conquest? After much reading, tad bit scary. Our ideas were all Carnival sponsored excursions. Shopping in Jamaica at Margaritaville, maybe snorkeling in Caymans and Playa Mia Beach in Cozumel. Anyone ever done any of these tours? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Conquest - May 06

Elation - Jan 04

go to carnival web site. and register.

after that go to the home page--top right hand corner click on MY PROFILE. once in there find a link that says add a booking #.

put in your information.

then go to the home page you will se your cruise on the first page.. click on cruise details.. that page will brink you to the ports.

if you click on view shore excursions you will see everything the ship is offering for shore excursions.

OR

visit the port of calls board to get some idea on what to do. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5

Grand Cayman- Swimming with the sting rays are a must.

and one to do outside the cruiselines. You will pay about 50% cheaper and arrive with less people so the experince is a lot nicer. On the port of calls board it will show you the good people and the not so good tours to avoid.

We did the stingray tour from Carnival and it was so much fun. It was one to remember. When we were in Jamaica we took a city tour and none of us were impressed with it.

It is very easy to just shop in Cozumel if you like shopping. You are dropped off right in downtown.

Have fun. Wish I were going too.

We was on the Conquest the first of April. I have to tell you I had two teenage girls and I was a nervous reck we went back to the ship and just swam and laid out. (Jamica) If I had it to do over I would either do the zip line or the catameran (I think that is how you spell it maybe not oh well).

Grand Cayman we went through Capt Soto and it was only 30.00 dollars per person go first thing in the morning plenty of time to go back and shop a few before heading back to the ship. My daughter watched us from the boat and took pictures the rest of us had a great time. My family went on this with the ship and had so many people they didn't even get to touch or hold the sting rays like we did.

Cozemel we didn't have much time to do anything my sister in law got married so we was tied up with that most of the day. Sorry no advice for you there.

I hope you have a great time.

Jamaica: Go to Rose Hall Resort($55) or Sunset Beach($40). Both are great!!!

You will feel safe and secure at both places.

No one will hassle you!!!

Food and Drinks included.

Cozumel: Playa Mia (use to be Playa Sol) is a party beach - Not sure of the age of your daughter. Paradise Beach is more of a 'family' beach. They also offer snorkel tours from there.

Cayman: You have to swim with the stingrays! It will be the highlight of your cruise.

How old is your daughter?

My daugher (soon to be 14) and I have cruised a number of times without "the boys" (Husband and 16 yo son).

In Jamaica we've only done tours through the ship. We've done the Rose Hall tour. Good tour. My daughter enjoyed it. We've climbed the waterfall (Duns River Falls). That was fabulous. It's quite a long bus ride to the falls but well worth it! I'm early 40s and could stand to lose 15 pounds. I was able to handle the climb without a problem.

In Grand Cayman we've, again, toured with the ship. The stingrays is absolutely amazing. My daughter was scared but she did say in the water for a few minutes. We've also taken the island tour - turtle farm and Hell. Don't waste your time on that one. We took the semi-submarine tour. It was pretty good. I'd be willing to do that one again.

In Cozumel we've taken the long tour to Tulum twice and shopped the other times. I did take the semi-submarine tour with my son this spring. It was okay - not the greatest. I liked the one in GC better. Paradise Beach has always been a hit with folks.

Archived