Hudson Plaza Hotel,Bayonne,NJ...how bad?

popsec

I would stick with known brands around newark airport! Great, rooms by the hour.......just the place i'd want to stay! NOT!!!

I posted something a few posts down with some hotel suggestions......I think it says hotel near cape liberty in the subject.

Read this online tonight....

"A man staying at the Hudson Plaza Motel on Route 440 was arrested April 1 in the motel parking lot on drug charges.

Bayonne police said detectives approached Timothy Benjamin, 38, at 9 p.m. as he appeared to be sniffing something in his hand. Police then searched him and found three vials of suspected cocaine in his pocket, reports said.

Police said Benjamin was also wanted on two Jersey City warrants totaling $2,433 and one from Union City for $152. "

Guess that answers my questions!

Glad you got that info on the Hudson Plaza. I didn't want to totally blast the place on these boards. Some people have issues with others that comment about places they've never stayed. I grew up in Jersey City and my son's go to school there so I know the areas to avoid.

Here are some hotels close to the pier.

Jersey City waterfront:

Hyatt Regency

Double Tree

Weehawken waterfront:

Sheraton

Not sure about the parking, but why not just park at the pier.

Also, if you let me know what direction you're coming from there may be other hotels that would be more convenient. Don't forget....I leave in 3 days.

NJcmom

Do you know anything about the Best Western by Newark Airport? They have park and fly. I'm coming down from Vermont....a little over 5 hours on a good day with no hold-ups. Since I'm driving with my 85 yr old Mom and not used to city traffic I thought arriving the day before would be less stressful

Archived