renew your marriage vows

pongo

Hi,

Yes, it's possible but don't know if they do it on every cruise.

We renewed our vows on the Hawaii cruise in Feb on our 20th anniversary.

There was an announcement in the daily paper early in the cruise to meet the Cruise Hostess and sign up. The ceremony took place on the last formal night around 5:00 or 5:30 I think.

If you don't see anything in the paper after a few days you could always contact the Cruise Hostess yourself.

Regards, Colin.

Colin That Was Really Great!!!!:)

Really Intrested On How It Was Done ?????

Did You Plan It Before You Went Or Did You Decide On The Qm 2 To Do It??

What Did Your Wife Wear ???

We Are Also 20 Years Together And Decided It Would Be Great To Celebrate On The Qm 2

Thank You For Your Help And Hope You Can Help Me More

Johanne

Hi pongo,

We renewed ours on the 10 day NY to Caribbean cruise in Nov. 2004. They had the ceremony in the Winter Garden.

We also have had our vows renewed on the QE2 on a transatlantic voyage a couple of years ago.

I believe most ships do these now at sometime. Another way to sell pictures and champagne/drinks.

Ed

Colin That Was Really Great!!!!:)

Really Intrested On How It Was Done ?????

It was held in the Winter Garden and on our cruise there were 17 or 18 couples taking part. The catholic priest officiated and although it was a non-denominational service it was definetely "christian" in nature.

When it came time to renew your vows the couples turn to face each other and all the men repeat together, then all the women.

Did You Plan It Before You Went Or Did You Decide On The Qm 2 To Do It??
Spur of the moment really, when we saw the announcement in the daily programme. We had talked about it before, (or rather, Sandra talked about it and I nodded and said "Yes Dear") but we never did anything about it.

What Did Your Wife Wear ???
They hold it on a formal night so most people are dressed up anyway. We just wore our formalwear, but we did contact the florist onboard and order a corsage and a buttonhole to make it special.

http://www.cruise-addicts.com/photogallery/main.php?g2_itemId=129759

Another way to sell pictures and champagne/drinks.

Ed

Can't argue with you there. They had Champagne for sale after the service and the photographer turned up. Being formal night the photographers were set up in the Grand Lobby as well and we used our anniversary package photo voucher to "buy" one of these

Regards, Colin.

Hi colin,

You both look lovley,

Spur of the moment really, when we saw the announcement in the daily programme. We had talked about it before, (or rather, Sandra talked about it and I nodded and said "Yes Dear") but we never did anything about it.

Yes like you my husband said "yes dear" and has done for the last 20 years ( our real wedding day was not the one we planned) but as a surprise for me he has been in touch with Cunard and was told to ask on the Q M 2 so I was not sure if it could be done so you have help us so thank you.

thank you for your help

One last question!!!

what were the costs???

thank you

Johanne

we enjoyed your photoes

We used our anniversary package photo voucher

You mean that you actually get a proper photograph?:confused: We're booked on the QE2 next Christmas and New Year for our honeymoon - a picture is included in the package, I thought that we'd only get it if we bought several dozen others!

One last question!!!

what were the costs???

That's the best bit. (It's true what they say about the Scots) No charge!!

Both the Anniversary Package and the vows renewal are free. You have to register for the package though, well before the cruise and send them proof - photocopy of wedding certificate.

You mean that you actually get a proper photograph?
Oh! Yeah, sorry. That's not the professional pic, just one of ours.

Regards, Colin.

Oh! Yeah, sorry. That's not the professional pic, just one of ours.

Colin - I'm not querying the quality of your picture - just astonished that Cunard gives anything away for free now:eek:

Hi Colin ,

thank you for this information

Both the Anniversary Package and the vows renewal are free. You have to register for the package though, well before the cruise and send them proof - photocopy of wedding certificate.

my husband was told only to ask when he got on board this makes me angry:mad: as we leave on the 17th may 2006 ( i did say that we would need to take our wedding Certificate and he phoned cunard back and they said it was not needed ( this is the office in england)

I will get him to phone tommorow and get some answers

thank you Johanne

Colin - I'm not querying the quality of your picture - just astonished that Cunard gives anything away for free now:eek:

I've always found Cunard very helpful and the brochure details the honeymoon/anniversary packages available..at no cost.

Colin, you both look lovely on the photo- you do scrub up well!!

Your wife's dress is gorgeous and has got me worried about appropriate attire (oops! - another thread!)

We too have an anniversary package and I thought we would have to go and 'pose' for a photo and accept that (not too keen on photos really) but it seems, I hope, that we can have the various photos taken and just choose one- that's good.

Did you get anything else in the package - wine or flowers?

I never thought about renewing our vows on QM2 - we did renew on Celebrity-again the Catholic priest held an ecumenical 'service'. We just stayed for it after mass so were very casually dressed but some couples had made great efforts and looked stunning.

thanks for sharing

heywood

Johanne, I'm afraid that's par for the course with Cunard shoreside.

From page 137 of the 2006 UK brochure:-

"All registrations for these packagesmust be received at least 2 weeks prior to departure. We regret that we cannot accept any registrations on board."

Would you be able to fax a copy to them tomorrow? (two weeks exactly before departure)

Regards, Colin.

edited to add - or scan and e-mail?

Thank you colin,

I will do that 1st thing or better still now

As we live in the Nederlands I had phoned cunard 2 weeks ago to ask them to send me a brochure our nederlands one has no information even about dress code we are still waiting on it to arrive

I am really pleased that there is this site and all the people are really friendly and helpful.

I have a fax so I will send it now:D

Thank you

Johanne

Johanne, Love to know how you get on.

Heywood, Thanks for your comments.

Re the photos. You can get any number of portraits taken on the formal nights against various backgrounds then near the end of the cruise pick the best one (or more, or none).

The package consists of: A bottle of champagne in the cabin, flowers in the cabin, a congratulations card from the captain (more of a certificate really), photograph and now includes a one category upgrade (not part of the deal when we booked). I don't see it but I bet, somewhere in the small print, it say upgrade "if available".

More details on the UK website http://www.cunard.co.uk/FAQ/faq.asp?Cat=&View=ViewArticle&Mode=News&ContentID=4859&Page=2

I don't see an equivalent on the US website. Is the same deal in the US brochure?

Be aware of differences between brochure and website. 2006 Brochure says you must have registered at least 2 weeks before departure, website says 3 months! Brochure says anniversary must fall with 3 months of cruise, website says 1 month. I think the website matches the old 2005/6 brochure so maybe they improved the benefit but didn't update the faq page.

Regards, Colin.

now includes a one category upgrade (not part of the deal when we booked). I don't see it but I bet, somewhere in the small print, it say upgrade "if available".

More details on the UK website http://www.cunard.co.uk/FAQ/faq.asp?Cat=&View=ViewArticle&Mode=News&ContentID=4859&Page=2

We opted for this and you don't have to take the upgrade, what you can do is stay in your chosen cabin and take the 'difference' between that and the next category up in money off the fare.

HTH

:) ok here goes we can get the vows renewal package without a wedding certificate this is free and is to be arranged on board on the 17th May.

now the anniversary package you need a to send a confirmation of your wedding date for this but we will not get this due to the fact we got a special fare so they told us. We did get a nice price so they could not offer us this as our price was good. I have still sent a fax with our wedding details as it is not my fault that they have lowered the price due to the ship not being full so i will wait and see what they do I will let you all know how it goes.

well this time in 2 weeks we will be on board the QM 2 and cant wait

greetings Johanne

... due to the fact we got a special fare ...
Sorry if I raised your hopes last night. I should have spotted that in the small print but didn't. "...applies only to the fares shown in this brochure and cannot be combined with any other Cunard savings or promotional programme."

Regards, Colin.

"...applies only to the fares shown in this brochure and cannot be combined with any other Cunard savings or promotional programme."

I know that the brochure says that, but it's not strictly true. The full fares are exorbitant (does anyone actually pay them?) - the big "sailaway" discount of 45% - 50% still applies. If you book on board then you still get the extra 5% discount and we then get an extra 10% from our travel agent. It you take into account the cabin upgrade as well it works out as a discount of 60%!

Hi colin,

It is fine I have still asked for it so I will wait and see what they do but thank you for all the help. will let you know how it goes only 2 weeks to go.:D

greetings Johanne

Sorry if I raised your hopes last night. I should have spotted that in the small print but didn't. "...applies only to the fares shown in this brochure and cannot be combined with any other Cunard savings or promotional programme."

Regards, Colin.

They will get a cake at dinner, at the least, and the multi-national wait staff singing to them.

Now, does anyone know anyone who has actually ever paid brochure rate?

Karie, who thinks not!

I know that the brochure says that, but it's not strictly true.
I know they don't always enforce it but unfortunately, because they print it in the brochure, they can if they want to - and they appear to want to in this case.

They will get a cake at dinner
Didn't get one in February. Not complaining, we probably couldn't have eaten any more if they had brought one.

...what you can do is stay in your chosen cabin and take the 'difference' between that and the next category up in money off the fare.

They've done this sort of thing for us in the past. But I get the impression that the screws are now being tightened on this sort unofficial deal.

Regards, Colin.

As the Ship is UK reg QM2 is unable to perform Weddings onboard. However, Wedding Renewals take place during every Crossing / Cruise. The Social Hostess is in charge of arranging this and the Ceremonies are usuakky very popular!!!!

Archived