SSS 4/18 We're Back!!!Part 2

Sally:

Next time you check in...............a question for you guys........

Rena and I have booked the Vision next October (2005 LOL) for a Mexican Riviera cruise. We have booked a Grand Suite. Haven't you guys had a grand suite on the Vision?? I was thinking you had........if so........were they nice??

Just curious and wondering..........I know you did a B2B on the Vision but wasn't sure what cabin category you guys had.

Thanks

Jim

Yep, Jim, we did have a GS. Much nicer, in my opinion, than the Brilliance Gs. The Vision's balcony was a lot deeper. We had a large table, two nice chairs and a lounge that sat perpendicular to the rail. Other than the balcony, it was pretty much the same. Do keep in mind that the suites are all forward and you can get a rough ride up there. I think we had 8518? We have also had an OS on the Vision but still preferred the GS. I will try to find you some of our pictures. Have you been on a Vision class yet?

Sally:

Arent' the Rhapsody and Splendour "Vision" Class Ships?? Been on those plus the Enchantment..........just never had a Grand Suite on anything but the Brilliance this past April...........we thought that was heaven.......but you are right about the balcony.........pretty narrow on the Brilliance.

We have booked 8006 on the port side.

Any pictures you can dig up would be appreciated. If you don't want to post them fire me an e-mail.

Thanks for your help

Jim

Jim, the Rhapsody is Vision class but the Splendor is Legend class. The Vision and Rhapsody are almost identical. Yeah, the GS balconies on the Brilliance were pretty darn narrow. Don't we sound like snobs? We sound like HAL cruisers!

Well the balconies were so narrow on Brilliance, that we only used ours once or twice......just hard to manuver around. We are looking forward to the Vision. Actually we are looking forward to the Caribbean Princess as well.

Why is there a difference in boards?? RC has 50% more participation than Princess and they have very little "activity" on their Roll Call Boards.....

I know Marcia and Gene have been on Carnival recently, Doreen has been on Princess..............there just seems to be a difference, and I can't put my finger on why.

Jim

We have been watching the NCL boards as we are doing the Panama Canal on the Sun next April. It is slow! Only a few new posts everyday. Our roll call will stay on the first page for days even if it is idle. RCL is a lot more exciting. The HAL board is a hoot. They can be a mean sprited bunch!

Hope everyone still has all their fingers after the fireworks!

I didn't find the Carnival boards to different from the RCI. Once, I found other people on our cruise we were all quite active on the boards. I think RCI are more active because of the CC parties. Celebrity boards seem quite active too. When I talked to people on the ship they didn't even know about the CC boards.

Well, I hope you all had a great 4th. Just found our new C & A magazine. Didn't see the dates we need for next spring.:(

Talk to ya soon.

Marsha:

We haven't gotten our C&A Magazine yet but we are about 2 weeks behind everyone else it seems on the magazine.

What dates are you and Gene looking at for next Spring??

Jim

Jim, I think that RCCL stopped sending them to us!!! I think we are on their other list!!! :D

Maybe, I should write them a letter. LOL

Wonder if they are going to send us Captains Club coupons for that Red Flagged Infinity cruise??? :rolleyes:

Don

Crusinsince 75 –

I saw your Splendour web shots from a website/photoboard. I will be two doors from your room. Great shots of the room and balcony. Thank you

Looking forward to a great cruise and great view.

Marci

I'm looking at Mar. 26 or 27th. I haven't told Gene yet. I always check out everything and then I get the kids to whine a little and I join in and then he'll say well maybe, we whine a little more and then it's "OH, OK we'll do it".:D ;) We also have to see if he can off for vacation then. That's Easter week. I wish we could go when you guys go. Gene's new job starts next Monday.

Talk to ya soon.:)

Marsha:

March 27th or so may not be totally out of the question for us. Our April 6th cruise on the Infinity from Hawaii has been red flagged and is currently off the Celebrity website. This will be 2 Celebrity cruises we have booked and both have been red flagged. Don't know what that means on this cruise yet, but hope Celebrity tells us what is going on so if we have to we can book another cruise.

I started looking today at least for alternatives............

Jim

Boy, I can't believe Celebrity.:mad: If I were you and Don I'd tell them to shove their cruiseline right up their you know what. Did they give you a reason?:confused: Do they think your not hotsy totsy enough for them?:rolleyes: So, what else are you looking at? Wasn't that your Hawaii cruise? Keep me posted.

Yea:

That was our Hawaii cruise..................right now they say it is "sold out to individuals but open for group bookings" now what the heck is that?? Never, ever heard of that.............so for now we are still booked, but the cruise is red flagged for who knows what reason...........so, I'm LOOKING..........hopefully this cruise will go on as planned but if not..........you may have Rena and I join you on a March 27 cruise next year..................

Jim

Jim, I heard that your Hawaii Celebrity cruise was booked up by a lot of nudist clubs and has gone "clothing optional"...just kidding..but makes you wonder what is going on. Our Serenade cruise to Hawaii in September never showed any inside cabins available. Someone booked them all. Hope it's an AA convention so the Schooner Bar isn't packed!

Why not join the Steves and us on the Panama Canal cruise?

Sally:

We just got back from the Panama Canal on the Brilliance in April.......but we enjoyed it so much we are planning to go again............As I said, we are looking at alternatives.............JUST IN CASE! .............

What are the details of your Panama Canal cruise?? Ship, dates,cost etc.

If Celebrity cancels this we would definetly consider this.

Jim

Jim, it is on the NCL Sun from Miami 4/15/05. 17 day full transit to LA. We are staying on for the 5 day coastal to Vancouver, BC. We paid $2092 (total pp)for a BA but I think others got a better price.

That's right, you did do the canal in April but this NCL cruise hits a lot of different ports and a lot of Mexico. I am looking forward to Aruba.

You might also look at HAL as they have some great Hawaii cruises. The old Stattendam has a good round trip itinerary, from San Diego, I think. Also the Amsterdam does a super r/t out of Seattle in May of 05.

Keep us posted.

[quote name='sally r']Jim, I heard that your Hawaii Celebrity cruise was booked up by a lot of nudist clubs and has gone "clothing optional"...just kidding..but makes you wonder what is going on. Our Serenade cruise to Hawaii in September never showed any inside cabins available. Someone booked them all. Hope it's an AA convention so the Schooner Bar isn't packed!

Why not join the Steves and us on the Panama Canal cruise?[/QUOTE]

A NUDIST CRUISE??? :eek: So, what do you do for formal night??? :confused:

[color=pink]You guys are all so funny!!!:D Nudist ehhhh!!!:eek: Gene would love that.LOL Gee on Carnival they just have a topless deck. That really kept Gene occupied the whole cruise.;) Just imagine a nudist cruise!:eek: I know you can walk around wearing Red Flags.:D All joking aside I hope it all works out for you guys.[/color]

Marsha:

Go easy on those color choices!!!!!!!You can't read what you posted! :rolleyes:

Did you go topless on your Carnival cruise???:p

I'll bet Gene got well real quick on that didn't he?????????LOL!!

Off to work today.............it's going to be a red flag day I'm sure!:cool:

Archived