Specialty Restaurants / Formal Nights

Leo Jay

We've heard great things about the Golden Fleece specialty restaurant on Legend. Excellent food prepared at your table, dancing in between courses (is the music live?).

My inclination is that if we're planning to dine at the specialty restaurant, we should probably do it on the Formal Nights, when we'd be planning on getting really dressed up anyway.

But would we be missing something special by not being in the dining room those nights? On Triumph last year, I don't remember Formal Night being anything particularly special in terms of food or decor, but maybe Legend is different?

Thoughts?

Does anyone know which nights are the formal nights on the Legend 8-day cruise? I want to go to the Golden Fleece too, but I don't want to miss formal night in the dining room. Plus on our 4th night we've booked the night-time horseback riding excursion, so we won't be in the dining room that night. I'm hoping that's not lobster night!

Lobster is the only thing you will miss in the dining room but the lobster in the Supper club is by far more superior to what you will get in the dining room.

Music is live- one the Liberty it was two singers--one playing piano. Music starts at 7-- so you want your dining time to be around taht time.

Both times we visited the Supper club I didnt see anyone dancing.. both times were on Valentines day too-- so much for the romantics out there.:D

Both times we visited the Supper club I didnt see anyone dancing.. both times were on Valentines day too-- so much for the romantics out there.:D

Young crowd? Kids these days only know how to dance to 'club music'...

Thanks for the info, everyone.

I purposely didn't go on either formal night, as I didn't want to miss the "best" food. I tried to go the night the menu was "weak" (Caribbean fare).

Unfortunately, I can't count, and was off by one night. :cool:

I did dance with my 6 Y/O between courses.

• 3 weeks later...

Bumping to see if anyone has any other experience with specialty restaurants on Formal Nights?

Neither GF nor I eat lobster, so we won't care if we miss out on that in the regular dining room, but I'm wondering whether the specialty restaurants 'observe' formal night to the same degree as the regular dining rooms? I would be more reluctant to dine in the Specialty on Formal Night if I'd be more out of place in my tux there than in the regular dining room.

Bumping to see if anyone has any other experience with specialty restaurants on Formal Nights?

Neither GF nor I eat lobster, so we won't care if we miss out on that in the regular dining room, but I'm wondering whether the specialty restaurants 'observe' formal night to the same degree as the regular dining rooms? I would be more reluctant to dine in the Specialty on Formal Night if I'd be more out of place in my tux there than in the regular dining room.

Formal night attire in the supper club will be enforced. The hostess will even tell you that if you make reservations for that evening a jacket is required.

Formal night attire in the supper club will be enforced. The hostess will even tell you that if you make reservations for that evening a jacket is required.

Thanks, but I meant do people tend to actually dress 'formal'/black tie in the supper club on formal night as opposed to the usual jacket/tie dinner attire.

Not on carnival-- some do wear tux most wear suits.

But I doubt that you will stand out in a tux. I know my SO dont.

We dined in the SUpper club when the captain and his officers did. THey were all dressed in their officers uniforms.

When we were on the Miracle last year, DH and I were paranoid about the attire in the specialty restaurant, but about halfway through dinner, this woman walked in in a sequined top and white hot pants. :eek:

There weren't a lot of people there that night for one reason or another, but the food was excellent. It was our honeymoon, and the singer sang "our song" so we danced.

We went on beef wellington night 'cause someone on the boards suggested that night in particular as being weak in the dining room, but it seems like I've been hearing more good stuff about the beef wellington this year...

We went on beef wellington night 'cause someone on the boards suggested that night in particular as being weak in the dining room, but it seems like I've been hearing more good stuff about the beef wellington this year...

I know there are past menus listed on various websites, but do those generally tend to be reliable indicators of what's going to be served on YOUR particular cruise night by night?

the menus that arre posted under CArnival Menus are the newer ones.

I do have menus posted under my miracle page and they are older.

New menus just came out this past year. so anything older then Janaury-- I wouldnt put faith into it.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=340472

these are the new menus.

what you can do is figure out what night you'd like to eat in the supepr club based on the menu then when making a reservation ask the hostess to look at the dining room menu. that will help a great deal.

Archived