$140 off cruise already booked

idwt13

Just got $140 off extra on a Triumph cruise already booked for December. Expedia.com had 3rd and 4th guests $70/pp cheaper than Carnival had and after emailing my PVP with a .pdf of the webpage, I got the credit!

Great, but it is against the guidelines of this board to name TA's... if you have time you might want to edit your post.

Sorry, didn't know/realize, I can't go back and edit...I guess since I started the thread.

That is awesome - what a great amount of money back!

I have yet to find better pricing anywhere or any special perks to book through someone else.

I'm booked on the Fantasy 6/19 sailing. Price dropped after final payment. Travel agent had to call twice but CCL finally gave me an upgrade from 6A to 6D,(no big deal there) and on top of my already $100 shipboard credit, they bumped it up to $350 shipboard credit.:)

Bill

I made my final payment for my July Sensation now Fantasy cruise yesterday and was able to drop my price $210 pp!! Couldn't believe it! With 6 of us on the cruise, that's $1260!! Now the S&S statements won't hurt so bad:D

I am sorry I am not familiar with PVP, TA and such,

So if I find the same cruise for cheaper can I call Carnival thats who I booked it through. I know PVP stands for Personal Vacation Planner, but does that mean a Carnival Rep?

I was browsing several sites on last week and noticed that there was a Carnival drop box. I just went in as if I didn't have a scheduled cruise to see what the rate was and noticed it to be significantly cheaper. :D There are 3 of us traveling (vacationing ladies) and this being my 2nd cruise and their first, I'm always checking on rates to try to and make their cruise enjoyable and economical.

I booked my original reservation with an Interline discount (which Carnival no longer offers) and still managed to get $100 off the balance owed. If it weren't for these message boards, I wouldn't have known this was even possible!!! I thank you guys for all the info as it sure does come in handy!!

One thing I'm also thankful to Carnival because you really can't ask for more!! :)

check the prices on CCL's page. Mine only went down a little but when I used promo code DP7 the rate dropped another $300. That is the past guest price and since I have cruised CCL 7 times before I was entitled to that. If you are a past guest it doesn't hurt to check. It's doesn't apply to every sailing but ya never know.

Bill

S.S.Oceanlover, Just wondering why you already had a $100.00 shipboard credit. Will be going on the May 13 Fantasy cruise. Just wondered if I missed something? Thanks

I booked back in January. I was told by my TA that it was part of a CCL promotion when I booked. I was originally booked on the Sensation which was being chartered by FEMA. Don't know if that had anything to do with it or not.

Bill

I was wondering what you say, "Hi I have already booked a cruise I see that the price went down"....

Sure, I just said that I saw that the cruise I had booked had gone down in price, and I was wondering if you give any type of credit to those already booked.

Just be friendly to the person on the line...act like they are a very good friend and they will be glad to help you out.

I'm booked on the Fantasy 6/19 sailing. Price dropped after final payment. Travel agent had to call twice but CCL finally gave me an upgrade from 6A to 6D,(no big deal there) and on top of my already $100 shipboard credit, they bumped it up to $350 shipboard credit.:)

Bill

Phatkittycat and I will be on this cruise hope to see you around the ship:) Will even buy you a beer

Phatkittycat and I will be on this cruise hope to see you around the ship:) Will even buy you a beer

If you booked a 11 or 12 they are gone so no price reduction.:(

Have you gone to our roll call. We have 5 post so far. lol

Seeya onboard.:)

Bill

Yesturday I saw the price go down and called my PVP ... not only did we get upgraded from the upper deck 8c and 4d (extended balcony with joining interior cabin) to the empress deck 8d and 8d ( two balconies that are adjoing rooms) we got a $60 OBC ... I was thrilled ... now I will be looking for the suite :D

If it were not for these boards I would of never known. Not sure who I read it from first ... some time last week ... I think it was Goin Crusin ... whomever it was THANK YOU ;) and thank you to everyone else for ALL of the GREAT info!!

Yesturday I saw the price go down and called my PVP ... not only did we get upgraded from the upper deck 8c and 4d (extended balcony with joining interior cabin) to the empress deck 8d and 8d ( two balconies that are adjoing rooms) we got a $60 OBC ... I was thrilled ... now I will be looking for the suite :D

If it were not for these boards I would of never known. Not sure who I read it from first ... some time last week ... I think it was Goin Crusin ... whomever it was THANK YOU ;) and thank you to everyone else for ALL of the GREAT info!!

Can't thank everyone enough ... I keep posting but I'm so thrilled! Called my PVP and mentioned the past guest and we got another upgrade to the panorama deck cat 8I, room not adjoining but next to one another and STILL the $60 as a credit ... you people are the best!!! THANKS AGAIN :)

We're on the Sensation now Fantasy, June 24... our great TA has been able to get us both cost reductions and on board credits that amount to $650 - almost the cost of one whole person on the cruise. The first was a credit about a month ago before final payment and the on board credit was after final payment.

With the latest price drop, more of the family is now going on the same cruise! I'm a happy camper....and can't wait to go.

Linda

Archived