When Do The Documents Arrive?????

QueenYaYah

HELLO! JUST HAVE A QUICK QUESTION? DH AND I FLY OUT OF DALLAS (TO VANCOUVER) ON JUNE 16, 2006 TO START OUR 25TH WEDDING ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION ON THE ZUIDERDAM. :D :D !!!! WHEN DOES HAL NORMALLY SEND THE DOCUMENTS? WE ARE JUST 45 DAYS OUT NOW AND CAN'T SEEM TO CONTAIN OURSELVES!

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!

We leave 5/9 and HAL has just sent the docs to our agent today 5/2 ! Then they have to Fedex them to us. If I had not sarted calling last week (4 calls so far) and the TA hadn't called, who knows when they would have come. We do not have our e tickets for the plane which I am worried about. So much for efficiency. We booked and paid in March including airfare.

Been so busy at work that it completely slipped my mind that we hadn't received the tickets yet for our 5/20 Oosterdam cruise. CERTAINLY hadn't forgotten the cruise, just in all the excitement it occurred to me we didn't have the tickets.

Called the online cruise agency I've used twice before and somewhere something got screwed up, be it at HAL's end or the agency, but the tix should be here on Friday, I hope, and that's because I finally took the reins and called HAL myself to find out what was going on.

Just as a word of warning with online ticket agencies, I've used three different ones over the past couple of years and they have had really super prices, but I have learned to stay in very close touch with them to make sure everything runs smoothly - getting the tickets, checking details, etc. and when need be I call HAL directly to Ships Services for special requests or just cust. svc. to make sure they've got me in their system.

We are cruising with a group on the 6/11 Gems of Baltic cruise from Newark. Just got word from the coordinator of the trip that the documents are in and that we will be meeting with the travel agent next week to pick up our packages and ask any questions we may have. So the answer in my case is 5-1/2 weeks in advance of trip. (It's REALLY happening!)

Thanks for the info. everyone! We'll be leaving home a couple of days before the cruise so we're only about 6 weeks out. Can't wait until the cruise documents come in and then the happy dance will start.

Thanks again yall!

Elisha

I have been doing that "Doc" dance all afternoon and am about to wear myself out. My documents all in order, transfers, hotel, main dining, etc. June 11 Alaska - Westerdam. The only thing I don't have is my assigned suite -- booked a guaranteed SZ. I go to Holland America web site and check everyday to see if they have assigned these suites.

Emily

Then do the docs come sooner if you book your own air?

We sail 5/28 on the Veendam and have not received our docs yet, but HAL is booking the flights.

Anxious to do the doc dance! We have a lot of questions as this is our first Alaska cruise, and we are doing the 14 day cruise tour.

Love this forum!

Ruth

Crazy - We Booked A Sz Guar Also For The June 4 - Westerdam. They Still Haven't Assigned Cabins For It. I Also Check Everyday To See If It Has Been Assigned. Hopefully It Will Be Soon.

Smooth Sailing

Shirl

Archived