How much time to go through customs in Barcelona?

When flying into Barcelona, about how long does it take to get through customs? I'm assuming the Catalonians don't just let anybody barge into their country.:) Are they thorough or quick? How much time should we plan for to get through?

How much time does it take to get on a plane LEAVING the country? Is there any special procedures that have to be followed? Is there a tax to get out of the country? That may sound like a dumb question but travel to Costa Rica and then try to leave. That's right. You have to pay or you can't leave.

We are flying back through JFK. Is JFK pretty fast getting people processed?

Thanks!

In the past four years we have arrived into Barcelona through connecting flights from London,Paris and Frankfurt. We never have gone through customs. Upon arrival we picked our suitcases and went out to the taxi stand. I don'tknow whether this is the case when leaving from Barcelona.

Yannis

Just came back from BCN last night, no need to go through custom, nor immigration, check-in and drop off the bags, with boarding pass and go directly to your gate. It is a large airport and quite a bit of walk ( for British Airways), lots of stores in the airport. Taxi with 4 large bags cost around 25 Euro from La Rambles to airport (meter said 19 and additional for each bag and tip).

When flying into Barcelona, about how long does it take to get through customs? I'm assuming the Catalonians don't just let anybody barge into their country.:) Are they thorough or quick? How much time should we plan for to get through?

How much time does it take to get on a plane LEAVING the country? Is there any special procedures that have to be followed? Is there a tax to get out of the country? That may sound like a dumb question but travel to Costa Rica and then try to leave. That's right. You have to pay or you can't leave.

We are flying back through JFK. Is JFK pretty fast getting people processed?

Thanks!

Hi,

If I remember correctly it took about 3 seconds to go through customs going in to Barcelona. Guy never even looked up. Just stamped the passport and we went through. Only lines on the way out were at the Delta counter and as far as JFK, they were relatively efficient too. Have fun!

We are flying out of Barcelona after our cruise on Air France on June 4th. We have a 10:30am flight which i am a bit concerned about. We have a taxi service (Angie) picking us up at the pier and taking us to the airport.

We are on the Brilliance of the Seas. I am hoping to get off the ship at 7:30 -8:00 - do you think this will be enough time?

bunduo, if you are flying directly into Barcelona, you will have to go through customs. If you are connecting in another EU country, you'll pass through customs there instead (we connected through Dublin). On the way out, you'll go through customs at JFK. We made it through in about 20 minutes, but we arrived on a Saturday in the early evening (7 p.m.) and the airport was practically empty.

Pat848, some passengers have made those early flights and some have missed them. If you are docked on time, you can get off the ship right away, there's no delay in getting your luggage, the car is waiting for you, and there's no extra traffic on the way to the airport, you should be able to make it. Last June, we were off the ship by 7:45, waited for our luggage, were in the car by 8:15 and at the airport about 20 minutes later. Of course, our flight wasn't until 1 p.m. If you have the opportunity to change to a later flight, I would do so. It's better than stressing out at the end of your vacation by worrying if you'll make the flight.

Thanks Karen for answering so quickly. I do not know why I made the flight so early but I did so I am stuck with it. Everything sort of hinges on the ship getting in in time. We are Diamond so should be able to get off first. Where it is the end of the cruise I am not so stressed. Hopefully we will make it.

You're welcome. I know there are many others who have made that flight, and if you have the coveted white tags and the ship is on time, you should make it with no problem.

I think it was a carousel, because I seem to remember our friends were annoyed that their luggage hadn't appeared yet. Isn't that terrible?? Less than a year ago and I can't remember for certain. Maybe someone with a better memory will chime in!

Have a great cruise!

Karen

Lisa,

Thanks for answering. I was hoping the luggage would be that way - think its faster then carousel.

Its good to know on Angie also - we are planning on using her service from airport to hotel & then to pier and pier to airport.i

Pat, We got off Celebrity Century on 4-28, the luggages were grouped according to the color tags in the cruise terminal. Angie's driver were standing by the door, very efficient service.

Good to know Angie's service is still receiving high marks. We have them booked for all of our transfers in a few weeks.

Archived